• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tapatalk Disabled (Now Re-Enabled - August 2019)

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Update August 2019: Tapatalk has been re-enabled on the site:
Android users can download the Tapatalk application for free:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en_US

iPhone users can download the app here:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-200-000-forums/id307880732

Please provide any feedback you have or report any issues here. Thanks.
----------------

Due to issues with Tapatalk and the limited ability to control various aspects of the forum with it, I've disabled Tapatalk. Over the last year we've improved the mobile functionality of the forum so an app like Tapatalk doesn't provide much help like it did in the past.

If you used Tapatalk, I'd encourage you to visit speedsolving.com/forum without the Tapatalk app and see how you like it. If there are any specific features that you think should be added, let me know.

Last edited:

Jason Green

WCA
2016GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Due to issues with Tapatalk and the limited ability to control various aspects of the forum with it, I've disabled Tapatalk. Over the last year we've improved the mobile functionality of the forum so an app like Tapatalk doesn't provide much help like it did in the past.

If you used Tapatalk, I'd encourage you to visit speedsolving.com/forum without the Tapatalk app and see how you like it. If there are any specific features that you think should be added, let me know.
I prefer Tapatalk, but I also understand not wanting to support something that does not support everything you need.

Reactions: pjk

Luke8

WCA
2017MYKL01

That's fine, I totally understand where you are coming from.

Mex5150

That's a bit annoying. I normally only join forums that work with Tapatalk, I prefer to keep all my forums in one easy to find (and use) place rather than mucking about with browsers, it also remembers where I was up to in a thread which I find incredibly useful.

Last edited:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Last edited:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I now have an issue with the mobile site on Android: I continually get an "add tapatalk to home screen" message pop up at the bottom of the screen, every time I tap to navigate. It doesn't break navigation but is rather annoying.

Good to hear tapatalk has improved... I'm happy with the mobile site though :).

Tapatalk has made a lot of nice improvements in the last couple years, and as a result, I've re-enabled it for the site. Please provide any feedback or issues you have with it so I can resolve them. Thanks.

Android users can download the Tapatalk application for free:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en_US

iPhone users can download the app here:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-200-000-forums/id307880732
Just curious, is there any reason I would want to use it over the mobile site?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I now have an issue with the mobile site on Android: I continually get an "add tapatalk to home screen" message pop up at the bottom of the screen, every time I tap to navigate. It doesn't break navigation but is rather annoying.
I've disabled this - by default Tapatalk suggests this, but I agree it is a bit intrusive. Let me know if you notice it any further.

Good to hear tapatalk has improved... I'm happy with the mobile site though :).
I agree - though one of the things I've learned is that even though I prefer it, others prefer other channels which I'll try to provide, given I get the feedback (millions of people use Tapatalk now apparently). If you have any suggestions, definitely let me know.

Just curious, is there any reason I would want to use it over the mobile site?
It has a few fancy features that allow you to browse several communities at once and make navigating easier amongst them. But I also prefer the SS mobile site as well. If you have any feedback to make the mobile site better, let me know as well.

Thanks for the feedback.