• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Switching to CFOP

annon

I've been using Petrus F2L for the last year and a half, but I hit a 35.xx wall about 9 months ago. I haven't gotten any better, so I'm switching methods. I already know where to find algorithms, but I'm just wondering whether I should learn the 49 remaining OLLs first or the corner-edge pairings in F2L.

Theromy

F2L is best intuitive (in my opinion)
If you're good at that, go for some more OLLs

Johannes91

You should already know how to build ce-pairs from Step 4b. There's not much to learn in Fridrich F2L if you understand 4b, only cross and a few special cases.

Jilvin

I say learn intuitive F2L rather than burdening yourself with 42 algorithms for F2L. There are some wonderful tutorials on YouTube that teach this and it can be just as fast as if you took the time to learn all 42 algorithms.

Also, most people completely overlook this, try and improve your cross time, this might save a couple of seconds.

After this id say go for all OLL.

annon

I know all of the PLLs. I know all of the corner OLLs.

I've decided to figure out all of the corner-edge pairings and then learnthe 50 other OLLs.