• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Supercooling

Bamboo Cuber

WCA
2018WANJ09
YouTube
Visit Channel
I had an idea using liquid nitrogen or any other cold liquid. If you cooled down the cube enough, then wouldn’t the atoms in the plastic also slow down? It might make the cube faster or slower depending on the results, as I have yet to test it.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I had an idea using liquid nitrogen or any other cold liquid. If you cooled down the cube enough, then wouldn’t the atoms in the plastic also slow down? It might make the cube faster or slower depending on the results, as I have yet to test it.
The amount of friction generated from turning the cube, plus the heat from just holding it would heat a cube up to a temperature where almost no noticeable effect would be present very quickly

Bamboo Cuber

WCA
2018WANJ09
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've done one experiment with the cold liquid in those compressed air bottles used for cleaning keyboards but the cube had no problems, also Wish Lin, I'm trying to not make it one use. More like at a comp there would be a station doing this service for 2$ a cube, though it would vary depending on the size of the cube.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I've done one experiment with the cold liquid in those compressed air bottles used for cleaning keyboards but the cube had no problems, also Wish Lin, I'm trying to not make it one use. More like at a comp there would be a station doing this service for 2$ a cube, though it would vary depending on the size of the cube.
Well, go ahead then. Good luck!