• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Sub20 3x3x3 solve with the Sandwich Method

WCA
2009HONI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i'd probably do fridrich still (for the sake of 5x5) and finish my OLLs. although i'm still slower with this method (barely sub 25 methinks) but its funner than fridrich..fridrich gives me much better times and i had an 18s average with fridrich o.o

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try columns, do four pairs and CLL (or CO, CPLL), then you don't have to mess with middle layer edges. There is also a "Ortega" that i useful, place the pairs anywhere (orient pairs), do CO and PBL preserving the pairs (I even learned a bunch of EG's that works with pairs to test it out = the most wowish method ever =)

If I was not so slow finding the pieces for the pairs (I'm always slow in the start, all puzzles) this would be the fastest method I know for 3x3... and remember, I know "most" of them :D

Last edited:

BatafCube

Try to combine(?) Roux and standart CF.
When i was using CF i did this:
Orient white corners
Oreint yellow corners
Ortega For the Corners
Solve WB/WG/WR edges
Solve YB/YG/YR edges
Orient the remaining edges (just like in roux)
Then solve the L and R face
Finally sovle the M layer.

Here is a Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7TlFxPINLw with alittle example at the end

Last edited:

miniGOINGS

Try to combine(?) Roux and standart CP.
When i was using CP i did this:
Orient white corners
Oreint yellow corners
Ortega For the Corners
Solve WB/WG/WR edges
Solve YB/YG/YR edges
Orient the remaining edges (just like in roux)
Then solve the L and R face
Finally sovle the M layer.

Here is a Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7TlFxPINLw with alittle example at the end

I did this after deciding that LBL was boring. Got down from 80+ to 50- in about 3 days.