• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sub-40 YAY!

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I finally broke the sub-40 barrier OH! Well not exactly broke by my new best time is 39.51. I was doing an OH session in the car so there were a few times I might have gotten sub-40 if not for the car bouncing around. It was insane. My F2L was done in 20 seconds! It would have be 36 seconds but my arm was swinging around because of the damn car.

How fast is everyone else's F2L on OH? And what about your LL times?

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
It is not explainable, because the 4 steps (CFOP) realy depends on the cases you'll get... sometimes I am done with the ''CFO'' in 15 seconds and then I'll get a bad PLL that is just a killer for my times... <_<

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hrmm. My LL is actually fast considering I know 24/56 OLLs. I found that my fastest times though are not necessarily the ones where I have one-look OLLs. What about you PJK? I know you don't know 6 OLLs so when you encounter those are your times slow or not really?

Lofty

WCA
2008LOFT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yay I can post now!
I got my first sub 40 today as well!
And i caught mine on video so its on my youtube.
My f2l in that solve was around 20 seconds maybe 18 or 19 but my average is around 25 seconds.
But for LL my OLL is composed of the corner algs and 3 edge peice algs (all of which have middles) and I know the PLL algs off of speedcubing.com. So a 3 look unless my edges are oriented.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
dChan: Well, yeah, if I can get a 2LLL, I will almost always be sub-45. However, I don't know barely any algs 1 handed, I know like 5 PLLs and like 10 OLLs. I can do all 2 handed, but my hands just do them, with 1 hand I have to think.

Lofty: Congrats... and welcome to the forum.

David

WCA
2005AGUI01
My F2L is somewhere in the low 20's on average but my LL (OLL in particular) is really bad. The finger tricks are still getting figured out in my head how they should be performed. But the best advice I can give is Do not rotate the cube.. My average went from 50's to low 40's because I didn't rotate the cube.

David

gillesvdp

If you want to practice the LL, I recommend you to build an Excel file with all the cases listed and their respective probabilities so that it can computer your average time for OLL and/or PLL.

Personally, my OLL is 3.18 seconds and my PLL is 3.93 seconds.
(timed with a stackmat, starting and stopping the timer with both hands flat on the pads)

Good luck !