• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stwert's Progression

Well if you want to improve on 3x3 I would start by learning 2 look OLL and 2 Look PLL. I am doing that right now and I used to be 35 seconds and now i am 25-30 seconds. Then learn the whole CFOP method. Here is the website i use to practice.
Algs and CFOP Method- JPerm.net
Timer- CS TImer
I type my times using a Yuxin Timer.

stwert

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, but to be honest, I really don't need "learn x to get faster" tips. I know what I need to do to get faster, and I've already learned most of what's been suggested. It's a common difference between a younger cuber and an older one. I learn new stuff before I really get quick at the previous skills. I don't have very much in muscle memory.
Anyway, not to sound ungrateful, but I'm okay to progress at a slower pace and I'm aware of most of the things I need to do next.
So just to be clear, I use cfop 3LLL. My 6yo uses beginner CFOP (4LLL) and my 4yo uses beginner method, and his pb was for 3x3, not 4x4, lol.

WCA
2022WEIP01
Thank you everyone for your suggestions, but to be honest, I really don't need "learn x to get faster" tips. I know what I need to do to get faster, and I've already learned most of what's been suggested. It's a common difference between a younger cuber and an older one. I learn new stuff before I really get quick at the previous skills. I don't have very much in muscle memory.
Anyway, not to sound ungrateful, but I'm okay to progress at a slower pace and I'm aware of most of the things I need to do next.
So just to be clear, I use cfop 3LLL. My 6yo uses beginner CFOP (4LLL) and my 4yo uses beginner method, and his pb was for 3x3, not 4x4, lol.
oops sorry didn't notice that

stwert

Now that I've finished pll, I can focus on spamming solves, and I think my times are really going to start coming down.
Today I got a new single pb: 34.55
And a new Ao5 49.2
And my ao50 and Ao100 are getting closer to sub 1min.

stwert

Well it's been a while, but my Ao100 is now sub 1 minute, and given that I only have ~700 timed solves, I'm calling myself sub-1 now. I usually get in the 40s or 50s, unless I screw up a perm or something, in which case I get like 1:15 or more, which drives my average way up.

My best ao12 is 49.75

CubeRed

Well it's been a while, but my Ao100 is now sub 1 minute, and given that I only have ~700 timed solves, I'm calling myself sub-1 now. I usually get in the 40s or 50s, unless I screw up a perm or something, in which case I get like 1:15 or more, which drives my average way up.

My best ao12 is 49.75
What a sweet achievement! Consistency on algs should come naturally as it slowly gets ingraved in your brain as muscle memory.