• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Stranded on Cross Island... (SOS)

Do you remember cross moves in notation or just how the edge pieces will move?

• Notation

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • How the edge pieces will move

Votes: 23 92.0%

• Total voters

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is a great resource that I find myself coming back to over and over. Dual cross, which is only a little harder than white only, reduces the "hard cross cases" of 7+ htm from 18.45% to to just 3.44%. Meaning less to hold in your head. Full color neutral is the best for movecount but can make f2l harder.

lawofthecube

This is a great resource that I find myself coming back to over and over. Dual cross, which is only a little harder than white only, reduces the "hard cross cases" of 7+ htm from 18.45% to to just 3.44%. Meaning less to hold in your head. Full color neutral is the best for movecount but can make f2l harder.

For me it's like focusing, one moment It's like I'm inside the cube feeling confused then in a brief moment I'm outside it and looking at it seeing everything and a cross solve goes well, unfortunately it's this out of focus that is giving me the hardest time. One time I had a friend and was taking trig and I just didn't get how to do it and he said as he was trying to help me "oh this is how you get it" and then he continued to teach me and I had a way of doing it in my mind...

That's me mostly talking out loud but I'm just trying to figure a way to look at this or keep things seperate as I do this so things aren't in my head so much but outside so I can see them...

This is the hardest thing I've ever done...lol

🙃

Last edited:

lawofthecube

I'm gonna strickly cross train till my b-day in October and I'm finding it's best for me to do opposites in 3 day cycles. My cross solves are pretty good, a little slow but smooth sometimes so basically just studying/drilling two colors per day that share color scheme is working out ok and I seem to have positivity when practicing!

Today is White/Yellow...

:)

Reactions: qwr
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm gonna strickly cross train till my b-day in October and I'm finding it's best for me to do opposites in 3 day cycles. My cross solves are pretty good, a little slow but smooth sometimes so basically just studying/drilling two colors per day that share color scheme is working out ok and I seem to have positivity when practicing!

Today is White/Yellow...

just my 2 cents
if you want to be color neutral just do infinite inspection time and find the best cross in any of the 6 colors.
there is no reason to stick to 2 colors if you could, for instance, solve a 2 move cross in another color
you could be missing opportunities and not having the full power and mindset of color neutrality

October is a far away goal in some sense, so put it to good use...

...and never look back in anger

lawofthecube

just my 2 cents
if you want to be color neutral just do infinite inspection time and find the best cross in any of the 6 colors.
there is no reason to stick to 2 colors if you could, for instance, solve a 2 move cross in another color
you could be missing opportunities and not having the full power and mindset of color neutrality

I might have mentioned it but I have a harder time learning and remembering and I'm sooo wanting to be good at color neutrality but right now I'm not even trying to use inspection. I really want just stick with 6 choices at a time, but two opposite colors at a time actually clears up in my mind regarding the other colors. I'm just trying other things and ways to learn paying attention to when I'm successful and having too hard a time and given 5 months for PLL and 5 months for OLL and another 5 months just doing F2L all seperate cause it's the only way I was able to learn the 2nd - 4th step. It is just not so bad to do constant drills with whole but learning seperate color neutrality till October. I really appreaciate your help and time in responses but I'm also trying to record in posts what and when something happens that frees my mind and I start doing better. It's kinda not so much practicing necessarily but more so watching and being aware of myself and when I found a hole or pathway to go forward and get better. Kinda like I'm watching how I might learn and with really really wanting to do 6 colors it's seeming to be hard for me and just kinda in my hurt mind squishes all 6 colors too much and I can't see the difference but with 2 at a time per day so the colors are only seperated by 2 days each I am able to hold the color scheme better and "remember" the 4 edges, which to do first and 2nd last etc...

With cubing I can't imagine looking back in anger, really it's helping re-engineer and heal my mind. Two years ago I coudn't remember anything almost, now I'm much better, can wright better and if cross for me can be a more comfortable thing then I won't be so much just ok with 2nd - 4th step but all of them clearly cross is where the blockage is in the full CFOP solving...

I appreaciate all your help and listen very carefully what you say and advice but I have to give some feedback given I'm behind the wheel of my own "car" cubing station and practicing cross for the past 4 months...

Thank you...

Last edited:
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I might have mentioned it but I have a harder time learning and remembering and I'm sooo wanting to be good at color neutrality but right now I'm not even trying to use inspection. I really want just stick with 6 choices at a time, but two opposite colors at a time actually clears up in my mind regarding the other colors. I'm just trying other things and ways to learn paying attention to when I'm successful and having too hard a time and given 5 months for PLL and 5 months for OLL and another 5 months just doing F2L all seperate cause it's the only way I was able to learn the 2nd - 4th step. It is just not so bad to do constant drills with whole but learning seperate color neutrality till October. I really appreaciate your help and time in responses but I'm also trying to record in posts what and when something happens that frees my mind and I start doing better. It's kinda not so much practicing necessarily but more so watching and being aware of myself and when I found a hole or pathway to go forward and get better. Kinda like I'm watching how I might learn and with really really wanting to do 6 colors it's seeming to be hard for me and just kinda in my hurt mind squishes all 6 colors too much and I can't see the difference but with 2 at a time per day so the colors are only seperated by 2 days each I am able to hold the color scheme better and "remember" the 4 edges, which to do first and 2nd last etc...

With cubing I can't imagine looking back in anger, really it's helping re-engineer and heal my mind. Two years ago I coudn't remember anything almost, now I'm much better, can wright better and if cross for me can be a more comfortable thing then I won't be so much just ok with 2nd - 4th step but all of them clearly cross is where the blockage is in the full CFOP solving...

I appreaciate all your help and listen very carefully what you say and advice but I have to give some feedback given I'm behind the wheel of my own "car" cubing station and practicing cross for the past 4 months...

Thank you...
Do what works for you
best wishes :)

lawofthecube

Do what works for you
best wishes :)

Thanks, and as soon as I find out what that is I'll let you know...lol

This is like Jedi's fighting Sith lords hard for me...

So I'm listening to ALL input, whether it comes from within or outside from others...

🙃

lawofthecube

Seems after doing blue/green cross solves today that Red is my hardest one's which is me looking closely at difficulties doing cross, kinda looking at COLL stuff when your just doing OLL. What I mean by that is it's intersting just one color is harder than the others generally speaking...lol

Anyone ever have a certain cross color that was harder than the others when your considering color neutrality and did you know why? I mean colors can trigger memories just like smells can remind people of other times or feelings?

Maybe one color is your best?

🙃

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seems after doing blue/green cross solves today that Red is my hardest one's which is me looking closely at difficulties doing cross, kinda looking at COLL stuff when your just doing OLL. What I mean by that is it's intersting just one color is harder than the others generally speaking...lol
practice
Anyone ever have a certain cross color that was harder than the others when your considering color neutrality and did you know why? I mean colors can trigger memories just like smells can remind people of other times or feelings?
anything but yellow and white
Maybe one color is your best?

🙃
yes but not being able to solve other colors is boring

lawofthecube

practice

anything but yellow and white

yes but not being able to solve other colors is boring

I thought of a cool t-shirt that said and was a knock off of Nike saying "Just build it" with the cube cross picture cause that's what's going on through my mind, I'm building the cross...

So your kinda the opposite as most seem to like yellow and white...

It is oh so boring to solve on just one or two colors...

lawofthecube

just my 2 cents

Doing two opposite colors a day was so boring, but I did learn some things, I think, but I'm back to color neutral practice on my color neutral cube...

Thanks...

lawofthecube

I think I took a step forward in the last couple days!?

I seem to be able to solve on both orange/red and green/blue better with remembering color scheme directions before I get to a color to solve. I also seem to have some creativity in how I solve cross and sometimes it's smooth. My color neutrality training cube is really helping me keep focused on just cross! I also seem to be better at looking around for the best cross side. I seem to also be developing better home grip with cross solving finger tricks too. I still can't solve "blind" yet but I feel that coming perhaps and it's nice to have spent a month since I posted this and I can feel some support in the cubing force so thanks...

😮

Last edited: