• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stickerles Bigger Cubes

KrisM

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was thinking about the possibility of stickerless 4x4 and 5x5 puzzles, and possibly higher. I remember one of the V-cube 7 models did all of the edges and center pieces stickerless, but left the corners white, which I thought was silly.

The benefits would obviously be easier recognition, and although they would probably not be competition legal, I still think having them on the market would be awesome! Anyone have any thoughts on this?

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I remember one of the V-cube 7 models did all of the edges and center pieces stickerless, but left the corners white, which I thought was silly.
Yeah, the Dazzler. They also had the fixed centers white. It's really close to a stickerless big cube - it'd be very cool if they went the whole way. I think then they'd have something unique that speedcubers would still be interested in.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
The most recent Dayan + MF8 could be made in a stickerless version since the corners are made of 3 pieces. It's a shame it's terrible.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This would be possible but just look a stickerless Dayan cube the edged and corners are made up of equal parts like the edges 2 halfs and corners in thirds. Most of the big cubes like the 4x4 on up don't have split parts. If this would be possible then the corner stalks would become very week and pruned to breaking. Also why would you want one even thou WCA banned stickerless cube at Competitions?

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This would be possible but just look a stickerless Dayan cube the edged and corners are made up of equal parts like the edges 2 halfs and corners in thirds. Most of the big cubes like the 4x4 on up don't have split parts. If this would be possible then the corner stalks would become very week and pruned to breaking. Also why would you want one even thou WCA banned stickerless cube at Competitions?

thats like asking why would you want a stickerless dayan 3x3. maybe you're a collector

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i would rebuy me whole 4X4-11X11 collection stickerless.
come on Shengshou!!!!:lol:

This would be possible but just look a stickerless Dayan cube the edged and corners are made up of equal parts like the edges 2 halfs and corners in thirds. Most of the big cubes like the 4x4 on up don't have split parts. If this would be possible then the corner stalks would become very week and pruned to breaking.

Also have you seen the corner base and stem on the 11x11 I would see it impossible. BTW that stickerless 4x4 is a Dayan+Mf8 brand not SS.