• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Square-1 Screw Problems

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm having some problems with my Black PuzzleProz brand Square-1. It fell apart when I was solving yesterday, and when I tried to reassemble it today, whenever I do /, the screw turns, either counter-clockwise if I do / clockwise, and clockwise if I do / counter-clockwise.

I don't know why this is, and I don't think it was happening before. Have any of you had this problem with your Square-1, and how do you fix it?

Thanks for helping,
Brian

Thieflordz5

WCA
2009PAPP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did the screw actually come out when it popped? because this might be the solution:
There's suppoused to be a washer in the mechanism that keeps it from turning (because the spring grips the plastic or w/e and turns the screw)
You either need to get a washer to put inside it (between the spring and plastic)
The washer is pretty tiny and could have come out... although if the screw/spring didn't come out when it popped, I'm not really sure what could have happened...