• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

speedtimer.xyz Request a Feature & Bug Report Thread

CoderGuru

Alright, I've now turned to you guys to request features for speedtimer. This thread is also for bug reports.

If you've got any feature you want, just reply to this thread, and it will be implemented if plausible. The same applies to bugs.

I have noticed quite a few bugs which I've started to fix, but here are some suggestion to new features:

- New tools (which ones?)
- More settings (which ones?)
- New games (which ones - I had an idea for OLL-Cross recog, so OLL pi, antisune, etc.)

Thanks!

wuigukin

Didn't know about this timer. My first impressions just looking around:

On the first load of the timer, the color doesn't change properly when holding space before starting it. It stays a flat white. Seems to work on subsequent solves, but even just doing a quick f5 will cause it to stay white when holding space.

The timer from the tools page seems to do nothing?

Cube list is interesting. Maybe allow sessions with specific cubes in the future to compare times?

I absolutely love that I can change the algs presented in the alg section. That's something I've wanted to see done for quite a while. So awesome!

However, it seems that (at least for the OLL's) the initial load doesn't work right either. The color for the yellow tiles was missing and made it very confusing to find the correct case quickly. Going to the settings and messing with the color option for algs seemed to fix it, but hard to say what the real problem/solution is.

The rotation button for spinning the alg images doesn't work most of the time.

Last gripe is probably not being able to figure out how to +2 or DNF easily. I found it after a while with the ? in the lower left, but felt it should be more apparent. Maybe add buttons to the solve time next to the "X" and scramble view buttons.

Awesome project - looks great so far. Again, really like that I can input my own algs to store, a nice feature for sure.

Last edited:

CoderGuru

On the first load of the timer, the color doesn't change properly when holding space before starting it. It stays a flat white. Seems to work on subsequent solves, but even just doing a quick f5 will cause it to stay white when holding space.

Cube list is interesting. Maybe allow sessions with specific cubes in the future to compare times?

I absolutely love that I can change the algs presented in the alg section. That's something I've wanted to see done for quite a while. So awesome!

However, it seems that (at least for the OLL's) the initial load doesn't work right either. The color for the yellow tiles was missing and made it very confusing to find the correct case quickly. Going to the settings and messing with the color option for algs seemed to fix it, but hard to say what the real problem/solution is.

Last gripe is probably not being able to figure out how to +2 or DNF easily. I found it after a while with the ? in the lower left, but felt it should be more apparent. Maybe add buttons to the solve time next to the "X" and scramble view buttons.

Awesome project - looks great so far. Again, really like that I can input my own algs to store, a nice feature for sure.
Thanks for the In-depth feedback! I’m fixing the timer glitches - the tools one - although I did try fixing the solid white glitch to no avail.

CoderGuru

Are there any other suggestions on showing the shortcuts?