• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SpeedSolving July Championships

If you want unofficial events, which event(s) do you want to be added?

• Kilominx

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Mirror Blocks

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • 2x2 OH

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • 2BLD

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • 3x3 With Feet

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • 4x4 OH

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Other (Please specify in this thread)

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • 2x2 FMC

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Imsoosm

Nobody has done this before, so I will host this!
The SpeedSolving July Championships unofficial competition will be held here!
(I originally named it Summer Championships but as there might be competitiors from the southern hemisphere I changed it to July)
The event will be from July 1 to July 31, and there will be:
3x3, 2x2, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, clock, square-1, skewb, megaminx, pyraminx, 3x3 OH, 3BLD, 4BLD, 5 BLD, FMC

Registration is free and there will be 25$ worth of gift cards for prizes, not yet determined how to split them. Huge thanks to @ender9994 for this!!!!

Register by posting which events you want to enter, and I'll enter you when I'm online. Registration ends on June 24, 11:59 in your timezone!

No competitior limit! The more people the better!

There will be:
First round, second round, semi finals, and finals for 2x2-5x5, 3OH, megaminx, and pyraminx.

First round, semi finals, and finals for 6x6, 7x7, clock, square-1, skewb, and 3BLD.

Semi finals and finals for FMC, and finals for 4BLD and 5BLD.

First Round: top 75% people advance to next round
Second Round: top 50% (from the last round) advance to next round
Semi Final: top 25% advance to next round
Final: top 3 wins!

Note that if not a lot of people register, this event will probably not be as big as it would be, and if only 1 or 2 people sign up for 4 and 5 BLD I will not host the event. The rounds also depend on the number of people signing up, so if there is 30 people in total who signed up, I would only have three rounds at most for the events.
Also, this will be a very big competition, so I might need another host to help me. If you are interested, please PM me!!

If there is popular demand on an unofficial event (eg. kilominx, 2OH, 2BLD), I will consider adding it.

You will need to post your times on this thread, no video is required, but if you have a video, then please put it on here! I will be ranking people with best singles, and best averages.

Please be legitimate and honest about your times! If you are somehow caught cheating or faking times, you will be banned from the competition!!
You can time your solves on laptop or stackmat, whichever one you want. For easy cubes like 2x2, laptop would be faster than stackmat, but if you want to use a stackmat, no problem!

Stay tuned for the exact dates for each event and rounds! Have fun!

Last edited:

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Registration is free and there will be no prizes (unless I get a 15$ Cubicle gift card from the weekly competitions, but it isn't likely).
you can try to get the cubicle to sponsor it
also sign me up for 2-7, OH, pyra, mega, skewb, and sq-1
(i do think summer championships is a better name but its your choice, because i agree it might not make sense)
oh and ill help you organize this if you want

Last edited:

Imsoosm

I'm going to do 2-4, 3x3 oh, skewb and megaminx
I'll participate in all events.
I’ll do 2x2-5x5, Square-1, Mega, Pyra, skewb, and 3oh
3x3, 3x3 OH, 3x3 BLD, Megaminx, 6, 7, and square-1
Sign me up for 3x3, 2x2, 4x4, 5x5, 3x3 OH, FMC
you can try to get the cubicle to sponsor it
also sign me up for 2-7, OH, pyra, mega, skewb, and sq-1
(i do think summer championships is a better name but its your choice, because i agree it might not make sense)
oh and ill help you organize this if you want
Sign me up for Everything minus BLD
All entered!

@gsingh we can chat in PM.

Imsoosm

I will sponsor $25 in gift cards for this competition. @Imsoosm feel free to split it up however you want (aka $25 to one random competitor, $5 to five different people, etc.)
Thank you so much for this!!!

Maybe first goes to the person who wins in the most events. (I'll get destroyed, I know it...)
I'll try to come up with a fairer way of ranking, maybe I'll use Kinchranks...

ShortStuff

Can I sign up for 2x2, 3x3, 3x3 OH, 4x4, Skewb, Pyra, And Mega, Thx
And if they get added 2x2OH and kilo
If you need help I'll consider hosting instead tho

Last edited: