• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

speedcubing.org - UK cube store

7ombie

Sorry, but the store is quite expensive. If I wait a week or two, I can get (for example) a MoYo RS3M 2021 for £9. To get it a bit quicker from speedcubing.org, costs £13 (with £3 shipping in both cases). Paying almost half again, especially on larger orders, is a pretty big markup.

Last edited:

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, but the store is quite expensive. If I wait a week or two, I can get (for example) a MoYo RS3M 2021 for £8.95. To get it a bit quicker from speedcubing.org, costs £13 (with £3 shipping in both cases). Paying almost half again, especially on larger orders, is a pretty big markup.
I generally try to have prices on most products cheapest in the UK, if you want to use sites based in China that supposedly only take a week longer (although in reality take way longer than that) then you will get stuff cheaper (if it actually arrives). My goal is not to be the cheapest cube store out there but to provide a reliable service to the UK at reasonable prices, nevertheless, there might be some discount codes out there if you look carefully.

7ombie

I generally try to have prices on most products cheapest in the UK, if you want to use sites based in China that supposedly only take a week longer (although in reality take way longer than that) then you will get stuff cheaper (if it actually arrives). My goal is not to be the cheapest cube store out there but to provide a reliable service to the UK at reasonable prices, nevertheless, there might be some discount codes out there if you look carefully.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I can use eBay to gain some protection (at the same prices), and the Chinese guys (Speed Cube Store) appear to have improved over time, though the bar was very low to begin with, and they are not entirely honest now, so you do have a point still. I think pretty much anyone would be willing to pay a premium just to deal with somebody honest, reliable and professional (and appreciate that you also sell signature cubes, which I'm sure you genuinely put some care into), so I can see why people pay the markup, but it is still a bit high, mate.

I may be expecting too much from a small company, but it's still honest customer feedback. I bought a cube from you, then bought two more from Speed Cube Store (with no issues), and it was the prices that convinced me to go with them. I'd probably use them again to be honest, but I wish you all the best with it either way.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I can use eBay to gain some protection (at the same prices), and the Chinese guys (Speed Cube Store) appear to have improved over time, though the bar was very low to begin with, and they are not entirely honest now, so you do have a point still. I think pretty much anyone would be willing to pay a premium just to deal with somebody honest, reliable and professional (and appreciate that you also sell signature cubes, which I'm sure you genuinely put some care into), so I can see why people pay the markup, but it is still a bit high, mate.

I may be expecting too much from a small company, but it's still honest customer feedback. I bought a cube from you, then bought two more from Speed Cube Store (with no issues), and it was the prices that convinced me to go with them. I'd probably use them again to be honest, but I wish you all the best with it either way.
Yes, thank you for your feedback, I also do have an ebay store (danev39) but have to charge slightly more to cover the ebay fees. Unfortunately the way things work in the UK I doubt we will see domestic prices like you get in the US, I am glad to hear that speedcubestore aren't too bad, I have heard stories of cubes taking really long to come or not arriving at all (or the wrong cube arriving and no customer service to sort it out). In the future I also plan to sponsor or organize competitions where I can have a stall (like I did at Leatherhead open), I also sometimes do stalls in shopping centres and at fairs promoting speedcubing to the general public, you are very welcome to come along if you are ever nearby, my next one is at Loughborough grammar school Christmas fair on November 24th

7ombie

@cuber314159 - Thanks for the invite, and sorry I didn't respond sooner.

I do understand where you're coming from, and am willing to pay a bit more to support the community. I actually tried to buy a maglev WRM from your store the other day, but they are out of stock, so ended up getting it from China again. I will check your site in future though.

It'd be cool if you could do a deal with The Cubicle to share their 3D printing models (the DIY WRM core-magnet mod, for example), so you could get some printed in the UK, and sell them locally, maybe paying them a commission or something.

Good luck for the future, buddy. All the best.