• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing on Belgian television

Eleredo

Hi folks!

Three Belgian cubers (Geert Bicler, Lars Vandenbergh and Ram Steenhaut) appeared on television and did an awesome job introducing the Belgians to our beloved sport. I'm so proud of it that I decided to add English subtitles so that the entire speedcubing community can enjoy the video. :D

Enjoy the video!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoé

Pretty cool. But why is 'Glow in the dark' teh same in belgan!
In beglian ! Haha !
That's dutch, there is no such thing as belgian language :p (but as most dutch people speak good english it's not so uncommon for the to use a few english terms).

I watched it at Geert's place, and my dutch is good enough to understand but it's still cool to see some english subtitles.
I especially love Laure's comments :p She told me at Zonhoven Open that when we (cubers) go out in the world that everybody is like "waaaaw, you can solve the cube ! Amazing ! Those people are crazy !" but she was at the cube competition and she couldn't solve one she had exactly the opposite reaction : "Whaaat ? You can't solve a cube ? Really ? Not even a cross ? And you don't want to learn ? O.O You are crazy !" => totally loved the way she saw this ^^

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In beglian ! Haha !
That's dutch, there is no such thing as belgian language :p (but as most dutch people speak good english it's not so uncommon for the to use a few english terms).

I watched it at Geert's place, and my dutch is good enough to understand but it's still cool to see some english subtitles.
I especially love Laure's comments :p She told me at Zonhoven Open that when we (cubers) go out in the world that everybody is like "waaaaw, you can solve the cube ! Amazing ! Those people are crazy !" but she was at the cube competition and she couldn't solve one she had exactly the opposite reaction : "Whaaat ? You can't solve a cube ? Really ? Not even a cross ? And you don't want to learn ? O.O You are crazy !" => totally loved the way she saw this ^^

What about Flemish! D:

Thorsten

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's a very good video!

It gives a very positive image of speedcubing, and whats most impressive: It gives lots of informations and a touch of spirit of cubing!

Good Job!

@Zoe, yeah i liked Lauras comments too, she told me mainly the same :-D

Zoé

What about Flemish! D:

I don't think Flemish can really be considered as a language, it's a dialect. A Belgian one I must admit, but there are also a lot of dialects in the Netherlands... If you ask someone from the north part of Belgium and ask him what language he speaks he will most likely answer you : Dutch, because that's the "main language" that everybody uses to get understood everywhere ^^
Just as we have Walloon in the French part, but nobody will ever tell you "I speak Walloon" ! (Besides, not so many people actually really do anymore... dialects tend to be replaced by the official government/TV/school/internet language).

Last edited: