• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Brisbane

Ltsurge

Just thought because everyone cubes in melbourne i thought i might make one for brisbane...

Please reply if you are from brisbane so that I can at least guage if I am not alone alonealonealone:fp true fail

Ltsurge

eh... lol
if any of you guys travel up here be sure to tell me :)
i especially want to see some fast solvers in first person esp to learn some tips

P

pappas

I'm pretty sure Josh Li lives in Brisbane, but I dont know if he still cubes.

stk20

I'm a Speedcuber from Brisbane, and I know quite a few people (not on the forum though) who can also cube. Also, thanks for starting this thread, I hope it grows.

stk20

I average around 30ish for 3x3x3, around 5:30 for Megaminx and I've kinda forgotten the rest, as I havn't really been practising lately.

Innocence

This is the closest major city to me...I live in Toowoomba about 2 hours away. I know it's unlikely I'll come to a meet or whatever, but I'll let you know if I'm ever just chilling at southbank or something. (Doesn't happen very often :p)

Ltsurge

he he
make the effort if we make one- itll only be for a day so it can be a sort of day trip :)
Not to say ill be orgainising one soon
btw what events do you do...

Lochran

i am in brisbane my times are BAD 3x3 average is 39.6 secs 2x2 is AVerage 10 secs PB 3.23 secs

0s4x

on 3x3 I average a bit over 38 secs, 2x2 I dont really practice, so probably average between 10 and 15 seconds (I haven't had a 2x2 for very long, so I'm still learning Ortega), 4x4 I average about 3 minutes.

Ltsurge

lol that's why we all need to practice and get some advice from the vics
they're way ahead
oh btw i reckon that faz should go on Australia's got talent :)
lol

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Just have a casual meetup, race and see how it goes. It'd be good if someone could take a laptop, or just print scrambles, and have a pen and paper for a mini (unofficial) competition. Regular meetups keep you interested. You can share methods, do team solves, what ever you want :)

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
There really isn't a lot to organise.
1. Post in thread with possible location and date.
2. Wait for replies.
3. Repeat if necessary.
4. Go to meeting spot on date, sit down and cube.