• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Brisbane

Thread starter #1
Just thought because everyone cubes in melbourne i thought i might make one for brisbane...

Please reply if you are from brisbane so that I can at least guage if I am not alone alonealonealone:fp true fail

Thread starter #5
eh... lol
if any of you guys travel up here be sure to tell me :)
i especially want to see some fast solvers in first person esp to learn some tips

I'm a Speedcuber from Brisbane, and I know quite a few people (not on the forum though) who can also cube. Also, thanks for starting this thread, I hope it grows.

I average around 30ish for 3x3x3, around 5:30 for Megaminx and I've kinda forgotten the rest, as I havn't really been practising lately.

This is the closest major city to me...I live in Toowoomba about 2 hours away. I know it's unlikely I'll come to a meet or whatever, but I'll let you know if I'm ever just chilling at southbank or something. (Doesn't happen very often :p)

Thread starter #14
he he
make the effort if we make one- itll only be for a day so it can be a sort of day trip :)
Not to say ill be orgainising one soon
btw what events do you do...

on 3x3 I average a bit over 38 secs, 2x2 I dont really practice, so probably average between 10 and 15 seconds (I haven't had a 2x2 for very long, so I'm still learning Ortega), 4x4 I average about 3 minutes.

Thread starter #17
lol that's why we all need to practice and get some advice from the vics
they're way ahead
oh btw i reckon that faz should go on Australia's got talent :)
lol

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Just have a casual meetup, race and see how it goes. It'd be good if someone could take a laptop, or just print scrambles, and have a pen and paper for a mini (unofficial) competition. Regular meetups keep you interested. You can share methods, do team solves, what ever you want :)