• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speed running

LewisJ

MP Desktop TD Normal Arcade practice mode. I was pretty much tied with one other guy for 1st, we both worked together on the map setup and shared ideas and such. When we started the best time was like 8:23 and we broke the 8min barrier by a couple seconds and nobody could touch us in the MP mode. Unfortunately the mode our near-optimal map was for is no longer playable...

O

Owen

There was a time then I could beat Super Mario Bros. in ten minutes.

P

PeterV

The only video game I've ever done a speedrun on is SMB1. I actually used to use my stackmat to time my runs. I think my best time is around 7 mins. (with warps, of course).

Lux Aeterna

speeddemosarchive.com is pretty awesome for this sort of thing. I've tried to replicate some of the Starcraft campaign missions posted there, with limited but exciting success.

Flicky

speeddemosarchive.com is pretty awesome for this sort of thing. I've tried to replicate some of the Starcraft campaign missions posted there, with limited but exciting success.

Yeah, this is the place to go for speedruns. Verified legitmate runs with no cheating. If it's on here, you know it's not TAS or cheated.

I've speed a few games Ape Escape 1-3 and Ratchet and Clank 2 but the one I'm most proud of is my Excalibur II Perfect Game run on Final Fantasy IX. Got a time of 11:33 at the time of getting the sword (which is where the timer for this run stops). It took about 20 times that in real hours and I had to borrow an American PS1 and copy of FFIX to do it. Great experience that really taught me patience.

I'm currently starting work on a Bayonetta New Game run on normal but it'll be a while (6 Months+) before I'm happy with it.

JustinJ

Premium Member
WCA
2008JAFF01
I'm pretty sure I have the fastest legit time on Vox Populi, Vox Dei, even though I had a MASSIVE screw up, which you'll see, and it just kept getting worse. The times faster than mine are all extremely fast and I don't think that any of them are possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lt-UnReaL

WCA
2008CLAY01
I used to speedrun on Unreal Tournament '99 on a mod called BunnyTrack. The objective is to figure out how to cross all the obstacles in the map and get through it as fast as possible. I held at least 15 WRs total. I used to be obsessed with that game...(over 3,200 hours played)

Last edited:

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I never really do speedruns anymore, but I used to do this kind of thing with SMB1 and I could beat it in under 7 minutes with warps, but my best was something in the 5:50s because I barely made any mistakes.
I saw a 5:00 speedrun of SMB1 on YouTube and I was like "wat"

Slowpoke22

WCA
2005ALBR01
I used to speedrun Goldeneye 007 (N64) and Super Monkey Ball 1&2 (GC). SMB was my main obsession before cubing, and I think I'm still ranked #6 or something in the rankings (under the name "Deku Sprout").

OregonTrail

My suite-mate speedruns Zelda games.

He's done LTTP, OoT and TP in a few hours each I believe.

He's always in the dorm so one day I'm going to ask him to run LTTP for my enjoyment :D

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
One of the main reasons why I stopped speed running (other than getting into cubing) was the emergence of TAS runs.

And for some games, like Mario 64, it's difficult to see TAS runs without glitches exploited. With a TAS run (without glitches), you can see what it would be like if someone did a perfectly executed play of it. With glitches, like the one Kirjava posted, you just see a bunch of Mario sliding backwards on his ass for most things. Sorry, not as entertaining.