• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speed Cube Research — Part 2, Survey

SpeedyCube

Hi all,

I had some unexpected time this afternoon and was able to put together a speed cube survey. I found 25 speed cubes to compare. If you have one that’s missing, please post back here and let me know, and I’ll add it.

Please, only review cubes you’ve used and are familiar with. There is one cube per page, arranged by brand alphabetically, so you may need to click though several pages before you find the right page.

Also, don’t forget to click though to the end to hit submit so your answers will be recorded!

Take the survey ->

You should be able to view the results, too. If you can’t figure it out let me know and I’ll post them here.

Thank you!!!

SpeedyCube

I think this is the link to the results if anyone is interested in seeing them without taking the survey:

Last edited:

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi all,

I had some unexpected time this afternoon and was able to put together a speed cube survey. I found 25 speed cubes to compare. If you have one that’s missing, please post back here and let me know, and I’ll add it.

Please, only review cubes you’ve used and are familiar with. There is one cube per page, arranged by brand alphabetically, so you may need to click though several pages before you find the right page.

Also, don’t forget to click though to the end to hit submit so your answers will be recorded!

Take the survey ->

You should be able to view the results, too. If you can’t figure it out let me know and I’ll post them here.

Thank you!!!
Not to be rude, but could you put more actually relevant flagships instead of 5 billion gan cubes and random non magnetic budget cubes from ages ago? Also quite a few of the cubes were amazon knockoffs, for example, the "speed ripper" is a repackaged MF3RS.

Here is what I think should be on the list.

Weilong GTS2M

Weilong GTS3M/WRM

Weilong WRM 2020

Meilong 3x3 M

MF3RS3M

RS3M 2020

Gan Air SM

Gan X

Gan 354 M

Gan 354 V2 M

Monster go magnetic

Gan XS

Yuxin Little Magic M

Yuxin Kylin V2 M

Yuxin Huanlong M

YJ Yulong V2 M

YJ MGC

YJ MGC V2

YJ MGC Elite

Qiyi MS

Qiyi Thunderclap V3 M

Qiyi Wuwei M

Valk 3 M

Valk Power M

Valk Elite

These are all somewhat modern magnetic cubes.

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Not to be rude, but could you put more actually relevant flagships instead of 5 billion gan cubes and random non magnetic budget cubes from ages ago? Also quite a few of the cubes were amazon knockoffs, for example, the "speed ripper" is a repackaged MF3RS.

Here is what I think should be on the list.

Weilong GTS2M

Weilong GTS3M/WRM

Weilong WRM 2020

Meilong 3x3 M

MF3RS3M

RS3M 2020

Gan Air SM

Gan X

Gan 354

Gan 354 V2

Monster go magnetic

Gan XS

Yuxin Little Magic M

Yuxin Kylin V2 M

Yuxin Huanlong M

YJ Yulong V2 M

YJ MGC

YJ MGC V2

YJ MGC Elite

Qiyi MS

Qiyi Thunderclap V3 M

Qiyi Wuwei M

Valk 3 M

Valk Power M

Valk Elite

These are all somewhat modern magnetic cubes.
I was somewhat annoyed to see so many Gans then realised they have a proper Amazon shop, so they’d be selling there (which I think is what OP is looking through).

SpeedyCube

No offense taken. Yes, I compiled the list though Amazon and a few of the other websites / blogs about speed cubes. Not knowing there was a difference between “Rubik’s Cubes” until a few months ago, I’m still learning what’s “in” and what’s not.

I’ll add the ones from your list that aren’t already on there, but I don’t really favor removing the budget cubes from the list. I set out to make an “as-inclusive-as-possible” comparison between anything that’s sold as a “speed cube.” IMO removing cubes from the list kinda defeats the purpose.

Edit: the list has been updated again.

Last edited:

chocool6

The Gan 354m and Gan 354 are basically the same thing, since gan has never had a 54 millimeter cube without magnets.