• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

special method to get to under 20 seconds.

MistArts

Well, the fastest method is the one that uses the fewest moves. It's the one that use a reasonable amount of moves and less pausing between the moves. Most of cuber's time is wasted looking for pieces if you use a method like Heise, which is one of the methods that is used in fewest moves and isn't great for speedcubing because it require great amount of memory to tracking nearly all pieces.

I know you meant "isn't". Ok.
So Heise is best..but it is much harder and takes more practice. Full circle eh?

Heise isn't the best. It's just that it uses fewer moves that most methods. It's just among the methods that uses fewest moves. The best method would be a method that you can find a near-optimal solution during inspection.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Next time can a topic like this end with "?" rather than a period when it is created? When I opened this topic I thought the first post would teach me a secret to get fast times.
The secret is looking ahead in F2L. An for your last layer having a fast recognition and execution. That's the secret. :D

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
Next time can a topic like this end with "?" rather than a period when it is created? When I opened this topic I thought the first post would teach me a secret to get fast times.

Yeah, I also got "tricked". I hate when n00bs go and post threads with a period. I thought thought this would get me sub 20. I average 25 and I try to look ahead during F2l. My OLL and PLL are great, though.

Guoguodi

Oh for cake's sake. There have been like a billion topics on this already. Please use the search function. Oh, and stop asking inane questions. Practice is the key. That is all.

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
heya people.
i need to ask the people whose average of under 20sec.
do you guys have any special method or move to get to this kind of time?:confused:
because i am stuck with 20s. errgh.
any idea?

Here's a new one. Stop making these retarded threads and spend time practicing. There are some of us who have the natural ability to make our practices actually mean something. Some of us have to spend time forcing ourselves to lookahead and learn algorithms.

To answer your only understandable question: Methods - Petrus, Roux, Fridrich, possibly Heise, beginner's method, Waterman.

As for me: Fridrich - intuitive F2L, 1-2 look OLL, 1-look PLL

The uber method: ZB cross(any volunteers?), Fridrich F2L, ZBLL

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
syazwi, first of all, get a DIY type (a) or (d), sand it down a bit with a file, lubricate it, use it a LOT, learn all of the OLLs, do PLL time attacks regularly. Aim for 1:15-1:00, ideally lower. use tricks like X-Cross (put in a pair before finishing the cross), 'Petrus' cross (i do this, make a 2x2x3 instead of a cross), keyhole method and multi-slotting (google them). practise fewest moves challenges (seriously, it does help), learn some two-gen algs for OH(they use 2 sides only - R and U for example), learn some BLD method (helps with visualisation/memory). There is SO MUCH you can do to improve times. maybe thats why its so hard ;) there is no magical method, just your brain. Use a metronome to reduce pauses between cross/F2L cases. READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN. a sub-20 avg requires real devotion and obsession!

Syazwi Shahif

YouTube
Visit Channel
syazwi, first of all, get a DIY type (a) or (d), sand it down a bit with a file, lubricate it, use it a LOT, learn all of the OLLs, do PLL time attacks regularly. Aim for 1:15-1:00, ideally lower. use tricks like X-Cross (put in a pair before finishing the cross), 'Petrus' cross (i do this, make a 2x2x3 instead of a cross), keyhole method and multi-slotting (google them). practise fewest moves challenges (seriously, it does help), learn some two-gen algs for OH(they use 2 sides only - R and U for example), learn some BLD method (helps with visualisation/memory). There is SO MUCH you can do to improve times. maybe thats why its so hard ;) there is no magical method, just your brain. Use a metronome to reduce pauses between cross/F2L cases. READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN. a sub-20 avg requires real devotion and obsession!

thanks. i did get a DIY, but from rubiks.com. im still waiting though,hasn't arrived yet. bad buy huh?haha. thanks anyway. i'll see what i can do.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
And Syazwi Shahif, please don't triple post.

Cut and paste all posts into one post, and by yourself, delete the other two posts.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry Syazwi Shahif, but you should really thank Escher for helping you out. You have just about violated every rule this forum has and netiquette isn't your strong point either.

I really recommend that you do what everyone hear suggests:
* Put a question mark behind a question
* Don't doublepost
* Read topics, FAQ's and stickies
* Use the search

To get really fast, all you have to do is:
* Turn really fast
* Don't stop turning
* (don't use to many moves)

And as an example of how to use the forum, this is what you should have done:
Go to the Help, support & suggestions forum and you will see a topic called Edit: How to get faster - test
Use the mighty search for fastest method and find many topics, including the one I previously mentioned

Oh and I just saw you wrote this:
Go read up just a bit more and you'll find out that pure Fridrich = CFOP, Wikipedia will tell you this if all else fails.

And don't quadruple post, there are better ways to up your post count, in a more covert fashion.

And just because the search function sucks doesn't give you an excuse not to use it, yes I do agree that it's not the most powerful search engine in the world, but it does the job, and your job is to go through threads that it churns out, that you think may potentially help you, and read up. Asking questions like that *without a question mark at the end of the thread title* is ANNOYING and MISLEADING. I am SO tempted to click that damn report button.

so you're malaysian huh?just shut up. and btw,
"Asking questions like that *without a question mark at the end of the thread title* is ANNOYING and MISLEADING."
basically, to attract people. ;) have a good day.
I will make this very clear: Never tell people to just shut up again!
And admitting you used a bad topic-title "to attract people" means YOU should shut up and be thankfull you didn't get banned. (No, the smiley doesn't make it better).

Last edited:

Crzyazn

One thing that i have noticed since joining this forum is that it is very rare to see that threads get locked...

This guy's question was answered a long time ago, and therefore any reply after is redundant/totally useless.

And Syazwi, your comment was totally racist and unwelcome here in this online community.

Syazwi Shahif

YouTube
Visit Channel
ok guys, i'm sorry. i was err...hot because of reading these people...yknow. btw, that's not racist. im bruneian. yknow SEA. :) sorry.

Last edited:

shadowpartner

yea yea yea.."practice". -_-* i've been doing that!!and everyone else too! even if you PRACTICE and still using the beginner's method, you cant even get sub20!! so im asking for a method for god's sake.

i know of a guy sub 17 with LBL. and CFOP OLL PLL.

hows that for 3years of practice?

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
well thank you Escher. you're great unlike than SOME people.

Oh OK, sorry we don't know how to get a complete newbie down to sub-20. I mean, we keep telling you to practice, but all you guys want is the "magic uber sub-20 method."

yeah. duh. who doesn't want that?;)

Everybody that has actually worked to get to sub-20. The people who don't make stupid threads that think there is a method to get down to sub-20.

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fridrich. That's what the World Record was set in, so that's the fastest(so far.)

The World Record has nothing to do with the “best” method. It is simply the one currently in use by the most accomplished cuber (perhaps that is what your "so far" meant). The fastest theoretical method is the one that solves in the fewest turns (and that isn't Fridrich).

Of course. And that method would only take 43,252,003,274,489,856,000 algs to learn. Not too hard.

The best method isn't the method that takes the fewest moves. Block building(or any other fmc method) can get a very low move counts. But they take an hour to figure out. Not very good for speedsolving.