• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

special method to get to under 20 seconds.

Syazwi Shahif

YouTube
Visit Channel
heya people.
i need to ask the people whose average of under 20sec.
do you guys have any special method or move to get to this kind of time?:confused:
because i am stuck with 20s. errgh.
any idea?

Syazwi Shahif

YouTube
Visit Channel
yea yea yea.."practice". -_-* i've been doing that!!and everyone else too! even if you PRACTICE and still using the beginner's method, you cant even get sub20!! so im asking for a method for god's sake.

Dorsenstein

WCA
2008FLEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fridrich. That's what the World Record was set in, so that's the fastest(so far.)
I already asked this question. That's what the search function is for. Please use it before you start a thread next time. Another tip: Practice your @$$ off.

Syazwi Shahif

YouTube
Visit Channel
whoa. rama. im using the same method as you i guess. not a direct oll. but i cant get to sub 20. maybe you have a fast fingertricks. no doubt!!
check out my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZtoqH2pxgw
old stuff. i used to do my cross on top. now im practising to do it on the bottom. but my style of solving is still the same. any suggestions?

MistArts

Don't quad post and the search function is really nice if you know how to use it.

Rabid

Fridrich. That's what the World Record was set in, so that's the fastest(so far.)

The World Record has nothing to do with the “best” method. It is simply the one currently in use by the most accomplished cuber (perhaps that is what your "so far" meant). The fastest theoretical method is the one that solves in the fewest turns (and that isn't Fridrich).

blah

brah
Go read up just a bit more and you'll find out that pure Fridrich = CFOP, Wikipedia will tell you this if all else fails.

And don't quadruple post, there are better ways to up your post count, in a more covert fashion.

And just because the search function sucks doesn't give you an excuse not to use it, yes I do agree that it's not the most powerful search engine in the world, but it does the job, and your job is to go through threads that it churns out, that you think may potentially help you, and read up. Asking questions like that *without a question mark at the end of the thread title* is ANNOYING and MISLEADING. I am SO tempted to click that damn report button.

MistArts

The World Record has nothing to do with the “best” method. It is simply the one currently in use by the most accomplished cuber (perhaps that is what your "so far" meant). The fastest theoretical method is the one that solves in the fewest turns (and that isn't Fridrich).

Well, the fastest method isn't the one that uses the fewest moves. It's the one that use a reasonable amount of moves and less pausing between the moves. Most of cuber's time is wasted looking for pieces if you use a method like Heise, which is one of the methods that is used in fewest moves and isn't great for speedcubing because it require great amount of memory to tracking nearly all pieces.

Go read up just a bit more and you'll find out that pure Fridrich = CFOP, Wikipedia will tell you this if all else fails.

And don't quadruple post, there are better ways to up your post count, in a more covert fashion.

And just because the search function sucks doesn't give you an excuse not to use it, yes I do agree that it's not the most powerful search engine in the world, but it does the job, and your job is to go through threads that it churns out, that you think may potentially help you, and read up. Asking questions like that *without a question mark at the end of the thread title* is ANNOYING and MISLEADING. I am SO tempted to click that damn report button.

Well, the report button doesn't support annoying posts or quad posting if you read the description.

Last edited:

Rabid

Well, the fastest method is the one that uses the fewest moves. It's the one that use a reasonable amount of moves and less pausing between the moves. Most of cuber's time is wasted looking for pieces if you use a method like Heise, which is one of the methods that is used in fewest moves and isn't great for speedcubing because it require great amount of memory to tracking nearly all pieces.

I know you meant "isn't". Ok.
So Heise is best..but it is much harder and takes more practice. Full circle eh?