• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

South Texas Open 2010

James

WCA
2009CRES01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looks like the results have been published. I am very pleased with my performance, especially 4x4. However, I think the location is wrong: on my map, the contest is shown to have occurred in Laredo?

Thanks to Anthony, Sapan, and everyone who helped organize the competition. It was very entertaining and enjoyable.

Any ideas on when/where the next Texas competition will be?

Did anyone get video from the competition?
I have uploaded one of my 4x4 solves so far here. My dad took lots of videos and I plan on uploading them soon.

Last edited:

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looks like the results have been published. I am very pleased with my performance, especially 4x4.
Thanks to Anthony, Sapan, and everyone who helped organize the competition. It was very entertaining and enjoyable.

Any ideas on when/where the next Texas competition will be?

You and Carlos were really close in the 4x4 final, as were Justin, Sapan, and myself, but there was a big gap between second and third. :p

Anyway, I'm really glad you showed up. Your family is really nice and it's fun to cube with you. :D As of right now, the next one will most likely be in April either in San Antonio or Oklahoma.

Do you have msn messenger, yahoo, skype, gmail, aim, any IM yet? I'd like to be able to talk to you on a more regular basis. :)

My dad took lots of videos and I plan on uploading them soon.

Upload anything you have of me, please. :) (especially 2nd round of 2x2 :p)

Last edited:

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was looking over the results and trying to predict how I would placed (if I didn't screw up in every 2nd/final round like in Austin) and well... I would have been proud of how I placed. :p

Next time, next time... >=]

cubekid

WCA
2005UPAD02
Wow, I totally missed the ball on this thread.

anyway, the results are up, for those of you who haven't seen:

http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=SouthTexasOpen2010

Michael, you got DNFed on your MBLD solve. Sorry =/. (though really, if you only attempted 1/2, it's not really MBLD, so.... yea.)

The next competition will more than likely be in Oklahoma, San Antonio, or Austin. Gotta talk with the people in charge at these places and see what's the deal, and we'll get it under way.

Thanks for everyone who came! Looking forward to next competition.

Last edited:

RyanO

WCA
2008OLSO01
The next competition will more than likely be in Oklahoma, San Antonio, or Austin. Gotta talk with the people in charge at these places and see what's the deal, and we'll get it under way.

Figures that there would be a competition in Oklahoma as soon as I move away...

I can probably find an excuse to make the drive though.

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, I totally missed the ball on this thread.

anyway, the results are up, for those of you who haven't seen:

http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=SouthTexasOpen2010

Michael, you got DNFed on your MBLD solve. Sorry =/. (though really, if you only attempted 1/2, it's not really MBLD, so.... yea.)

Thanks for everyone who came! Looking forward to next competition.

I tried 2/2 and I almost got it. That SUCKS.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Don't even go there. I can assure you that my DNF when I tried a 2 cube MultiBLD at the French Open was FAR more frustrating. I was extremely pissed when it happened, but now I look back on it and laugh. Yes, Sapan is supposed to know the regulations, but so are you. There really isn't anything that can be done. :/ Don't worry, you'll forget about it soon enough.

Last edited:

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Don't even go there. I can assure you that my DNF when I tried a 2 cube MultiBLD at the French Open was FAR more frustrating. I was extremely pissed when it happened, but now I look back on it and laugh. Yes, Sapan is supposed to know the regulations, but so are you. There really isn't anything that can be done. :/ Don't worry, you'll forget about it soon enough.

It's fine. I'm only bothered because it was my only BLD "success", and if I'd known the regulations, I wouldn't have been double checking everything. Of course, I'm not mad at Sapan, he made a mistake, but so did I. It's totally o.k. and I plan on trying again next comp.

The3point14

WCA
2009LAMB03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll try going to any competition as long as i can get there *cough*SanAntonio
Well I just looked at the results and it looked like STO was a pretty good competition.

SA would be okay.

And Michael, I hope to see your 4 cube MBLD next time! :). Though I'm going to up my cube count too hehehe.

btw my 2 edges flipped on my 6/7 was pretty lousy too. :-D

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
SA would be okay.

And Michael, I hope to see your 4 cube MBLD next time! :). Though I'm going to up my cube count too hehehe.

btw my 2 edges flipped on my 6/7 was pretty lousy too. :-D

Yeah, I'd like San Antonio. It's one of my favorite cities in Texas and it's not too far a drive from most of the areas our "regulars" are from.

I'll upload your 6/7 when I get a chance btw. You were one algorithm away from officially being Texas' best MultiBLD solver. :p lol.

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel

RyanO

WCA
2008OLSO01
I think I'm going to practice up on multi and try 3 and hopefully I'll finally manage to win pyraminx. If I had gone to Texas instead of Chicago I would of got first place, heh.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I'm going to practice up on multi and try 3 and hopefully I'll finally manage to win pyraminx. If I had gone to Texas instead of Chicago I would of got first place, heh.
I'm not saying you wouldn't have won Pyraminx, but that's a pretty big assumption. The scrambles in Texas weren't the same as Chicago's so the averages aren't comparable really. But come next time, you'll probably win. :)