• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

South Texas Open 2010

Chaos2011

WCA
2009WARN01
Yeah but we're poorer than anything :p and my mom is not willing to drive it and she has work friday.

The only cuber I know that lives even remotely near me is austin and i don't think he's going. If anyone lives near Austin/leander/cedar park and would be willing to contact me and give me (and possibly austin) a ride would be a boss imo

The3point14

WCA
2009LAMB03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I might be driving from Austin though I have a small car and I might be bringing some people already. I haven't talked to Sapan about our transportation, etc. So I may be able to bring you or find a ride for you to get there. I will give you some more information as soon as I find out what our plans our.

According to Google Maps, Pensacola, FL to Rancho Viejo, TX:
867 mi – about 15 hours 49 mins

*sigh*
I believe I've met my limit.

It's only 12 days by foot. Just get a good nights sleep on the 24th, eat a good breakfast and walk out the door. You'll be in Rancho Viejo before you know it.
p.s. No hitchhiking either, cheater.

Better yet, I'll get a trench coat with a bunch of drawstrings and have pigeons grab hold of the strings and fly me there.
That begs the question.... What is the airspeed velocity of a laden pigeon?

vrumanuk

WCA
2009RUMA01
Seems like a lot of trouble when all you would really need was a
funny-pictures-hover-rhino.jpg

ZamHalen

In your kitchen.Where do you keep your toaster?
WCA
2014ZAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Anthony i just saw you in the news ,you know, the story where the teen shot the other teen. jk Seriously though i saw the sports segment where they did th feature and all i have to say is
why_so_serious_cat-12947.jpg
its sort of funny that they cut you off on the 2x2 but they seriously probably didn't take it seriously.
(btw nice blindsolve i would have been afraid to DNF and thats because i can't even blindsolve)
And another question, did you have to use rubik's brand cubes?
(In case anyone was wondering that first story was really on the news pretty sad)

Cyrus C.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just transfered to Iowa State, so I'm going to go to end up going to the Chicago Open instead. One of these days I'll make it back down to Texas for another competition. By the way, I switched away from my silly freestyle method for pyraminx and dropped to sub 9 averages in a couple days, so thanks for the advice, heh.

Looks like I'll have competition for the state records.

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Anthony i just saw you in the news ,you know, the story where the teen shot the other teen. jk Seriously though i saw the sports segment where they did th feature and all i have to say is
its sort of funny that they cut you off on the 2x2 but they seriously probably didn't take it seriously.
(btw nice blindsolve i would have been afraid to DNF and thats because i can't even blindsolve)
(In case anyone was wondering that first story was really on the news pretty sad)

Thanks. I really wasn't very serious throughout the interview. I guess it just appeared that way because of the clips they showed. And no, why would I have to have used Rubik's brand cubes? :p Btw, that 2x2 solve was the only one I did during the interview, it was 2.43 nonlucky, but they didn't want to waste two seconds I suppose. lol. Any chance of you coming to STO?

ZamHalen

In your kitchen.Where do you keep your toaster?
WCA
2014ZAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Thanks. I really wasn't very serious throughout the interview. I guess it just appeared that way because of the clips they showed. And no, why would I have to have used Rubik's brand cubes? :p Btw, that 2x2 solve was the only one I did during the interview, it was 2.43 nonlucky, but they didn't want to waste two seconds I suppose. lol. Any chance of you coming to STO?

Oh I just thought that because a lot of the time they think it's a cheater cube ifit doesn't have the logo(happened to mewith a dollar cube).

I won't be able to compete because i have solo and ensemble in La Joya.
But I may be able to be there in there in the afternoon just to hang out a bit watch the finals (and do what's written below).

Also (this is to anyone)if you have extra cubes(or an extra stackmat) you don't completely want i will possibly be buying cubes that day.I'm specifically looking for Haiyans(Type A)(all models not 3 though),Taiyans ,Ghost hands, type fs,type cs (either model on the last 2),orC4Y,a 2x2 and a 4x4(preferably eastsheen or up on those) and pyraminx.

This is only if i come and chances are slim since i'd have to travel across the valley really fast to make it.

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Oh I just thought that because a lot of the time they think it's a cheater cube ifit doesn't have the logo(happened to mewith a dollar cube).

I won't be able to compete because i have solo and ensemble in La Joya.
But I may be able to be there in there in the afternoon just to hang out a bit watch the finals (and do what's written below).

Also (this is to anyone)if you have extra cubes(or an extra stackmat) you don't completely want i will possibly be buying cubes that day.I'm specifically looking for Haiyans(Type A)(all models not 3 though),Taiyans ,Ghost hands, type fs,type cs (either model on the last 2),orC4Y,a 2x2 and a 4x4(preferably eastsheen or up on those) and pyraminx.

This is only if i come and chances are slim since i'd have to travel across the valley really fast to make it.

I'll have an extra timer, because Shelley is amazing.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Even though those of you that I regularly talk to already know, I haven't said this in the thread yet...

I won't be attending this competition. :(

EDIT: WTF THIS WAS MY 1337 POST. I was gonna save it for something special, but it ended up being this sad post. :(

Last edited: