• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Solar Roadways

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
Well .. with donations on their site increasing and more talk about it on Facebook I thought I'd just leave this here.
It seems like people hear a cool idea and are all for it. Problem is when you stop to think about it and it really isn't that good of an idea at all

http://www.solarroadways.com/intro.shtml

Original video

Valid criticism which I agree with.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Solar Roadways.

Not very cost effective.

Alternatively line the roads with solar panels which don't need to be strong enough to support lorries.

Great propaganda for an idea which will never get on the ground.

Edit - didn't watch the video yet obviously. Just assumed it was the original video.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think this idea is completely unrealistic and stupid. However, I am all for any natural ways of producing electricity. I think that it is ridiculous that we burn coal and have nuclear powerplants to generate electicity, when if we just had more solar and wind farms, we would easily have enough electicity for daily life.

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
when if we just had more solar and wind farms, we would easily have enough electicity for daily life.

I think you underestimate just how much power the developed world uses. Renewable energy is a complex issue - it doesn't just come down to "build more solar panels and wind farms".

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you underestimate just how much power the developed world uses. Renewable energy is a complex issue - it doesn't just come down to "build more solar panels and wind farms".
Yeah, you are probably right, but if more and more people gradually started just putting them on there roofs and/or having a small wind turbine in their backyard, over a couple of decades, it could become more of a standard and be almost as common as owning a phone or driving a car. It is unrealistic for everyone to do though.