• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DianSheng Solar S Magnetic 2x2

Kaiju_cube

pretty excited to try the magnetic 8x8 and 9x9 when they come out. So I figured I'd get the Solar 2x2 and see what it's like. It's nice!

hard polished plastic, black internals, good magnet strength with easy turning. It's got a little bit of weight to it so it doesn't feel cheap. Even came with a stand and it's nicely packaged.

All in all I'm pretty impressed and looking forward to the magnetic big cubes even more now.
20210811_164300.jpg

20210811_164328.jpg

20210811_164342.jpg

PiKeeper

WCA
2021KLIN02
Do you have an issue with the speed? Because I found the diansheng insanely fast compared to the other cubes I have to the point where I can't control it.

Reactions: qwr

Kaiju_cube

it feels about the same speed to me as the Qiyi MS 2x2 magnetic or the MGC. It doesn't have that creaky, flimsy feeling that my Gan 2x2 has. It's nice.

I'm not super fast at 2x2 though. I just do the sexy move and the corner swap to solve it.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would like to see a video of the turning and it compared to a Qiyi MS or Meilong. I'm surprised no one has done a review on it yet.

Waffles

it feels about the same speed to me as the Qiyi MS 2x2 magnetic or the MGC. It doesn't have that creaky, flimsy feeling that my Gan 2x2 has. It's nice.

I'm not super fast at 2x2 though. I just do the sexy move and the corner swap to solve it.
IMO the qiyi ms is like one of the fastest cubes let alone 2x2s. I mained it for a bit before I got decent lube for my DaYan Tengyun and it was so fast that I was getting like 7 TPS in 2x2, which is stupid for me. For comparison I normally get like 3 tps on 3x3, which is counting OLL and PLL (all my olls and plls sub 1.5).

tl;dr it sounds wayyyyyyyy to fast for me

FenTheGoat

YouTube
Visit Channel
pretty excited to try the magnetic 8x8 and 9x9 when they come out. So I figured I'd get the Solar 2x2 and see what it's like. It's nice!

hard polished plastic, black internals, good magnet strength with easy turning. It's got a little bit of weight to it so it doesn't feel cheap. Even came with a stand and it's nicely packaged.

All in all I'm pretty impressed and looking forward to the magnetic big cubes even more now.
View attachment 16602

View attachment 16603

View attachment 16604
How much is it?