• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Small Cheese 2019 - 3 rounds of Feet December 30th!

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whats a little 20 second PR?
Sure, I was only aiming for a 4 second PR and official top 100, but why not the WR? I'll just need to get one handed times with my feet, and I have two feet.

Unfortunately, it's not looking like I'll be able to come, but that might change. I'll still have a chance at Josh's competition, though.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Whats a little 20 second PR?
Sure, I was only aiming for a 4 second PR and official top 100, but why not the WR? I'll just need to get one handed times with my feet, and I have two feet.

Unfortunately, it's not looking like I'll be able to come, but that might change. I'll still have a chance at Josh's competition, though.
Best of luck on the PR and WR, and here’s hoping you can make it to this competition. I’m a little concerned we’ll have to cut a round of Feet for lack of people, but it should be a really fun little comp anyway.

There’s maybe a 1/100 chance I’ll make it to Wiscube. I’d like to, but just hard to make it work.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Update: competitor limit is full, weather does not look promising this weekend to allow for extra parking, and 10 people are signed up for Feet. We’re going to have to cut a round of Feet. :-(

Big Cheese 2020 is tentatively planned (to be announced soon) for February 1st, 2020 in Viroqua, WI. Official or not one round of Feet is on the schedule, the main event is planned to be 6x6. Other events: 5x5, 3x3, 7x7, Megaminx, Square-1, 3BLD, FMC (1 attempt), 4BLD, 5BLD, and MBLD (must choose between MBLD and big blind).

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Update: competitor limit is full, weather does not look promising this weekend to allow for extra parking, and 10 people are signed up for Feet. We’re going to have to cut a round of Feet. :-(

Big Cheese 2020 is tentatively planned (to be announced soon) for February 1st, 2020 in Viroqua, WI. Official or not one round of Feet is on the schedule, the main event is planned to be 6x6. Other events: 5x5, 3x3, 7x7, Megaminx, Square-1, 3BLD, FMC (1 attempt), 4BLD, 5BLD, and MBLD (must choose between MBLD and big blind).

You could have top 8 in round 1 move to round two and top 5 in round 2 move to round 3

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
You could have top 8 in round 1 move to round two and top 5 in round 2 move to round 3
Not possible:
9m) Events must have at most four rounds.

9m1) Rounds with 99 or fewer competitors must have at most two subsequent rounds.
9m2) Rounds with 15 or fewer competitors must have at most one subsequent round.
9m3) Rounds with 7 or fewer competitors must not have subsequent rounds.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not possible:
9m) Events must have at most four rounds.

9m1) Rounds with 99 or fewer competitors must have at most two subsequent rounds.
9m2) Rounds with 15 or fewer competitors must have at most one subsequent round.
9m3) Rounds with 7 or fewer competitors must not have subsequent rounds.

I believe the first relevant regulation is this:

9p) If an event has multiple rounds, then:
  • 9p1) At least 25% of competitors must be eliminated between consecutive rounds of the same event.
which is then limited by the quoted regulation.
You can't only eliminate 20% of people from a round.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
If anybody’s looking for last minute information:

Weather isn’t good, and predicted to get worse through the day. Travel safe.

There are people who would like to register at the door, but we can’t take them unless people who are signed up cancel. Please let us know ASAP if you can’t make it.

The soup smells good: my sister did most of the cooking.

Hurrah for Feet !

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm glad to see that you managed to get like everyone to compete in Feet and get all three rounds. Congratulations on breaking 1:30 and 1:20!
I'm curious, how did 4x4 with Feet go? Did you end up having it, because I don't see anything about it on the wca page anymore on events or the schedule page.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I'm glad to see that you managed to get like everyone to compete in Feet and get all three rounds. Congratulations on breaking 1:30 and 1:20!
I'm curious, how did 4x4 with Feet go? Did you end up having it, because I don't see anything about it on the wca page anymore on events or the schedule page.
Thanks! Yes, we did 4x4 WF, I think 5 people competed. John Meador won with a 2:40.xx average, IIRC. Second and third were between 3:00 and 4:00. I had I think a 7:44 double parity, 6:14 OLL parity, and a 5:37 that I missed adjacent parity. I gave up after that because I was the last one going and we were behind schedule. Like 3x3 With Feet, 4x4 with Feet is an excellent event that deserves to be taken more seriously than it is. 3x3 With Feet is on the tentative schedule for Big Cheese in February, I’m rather inclined to take advantage of its non-official status and personally compete in 4x4 with Feet if I can get my times down and a little more consistent before then.

Thanks for asking! Sorry you couldn’t make it!

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Hello everybody.

Because of the unfortunate events leading to feet’s impending removal, we would like to stand strong. Please make your last solve of 2019 a recorded 3x3 with Feet solve. Please share this message all across social media to get the word around to pay respects to this beloved event. We need to stand strong. With videos of feet solving, there is nothing we can’t do.

Thank you very much.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everybody.

Because of the unfortunate events leading to feet’s impending removal, we would like to stand strong. Please make your last solve of 2019 a recorded 3x3 with Feet solve. Please share this message all across social media to get the word around to pay respects to this beloved event. We need to stand strong. With videos of feet solving, there is nothing we can’t do.

Thank you very much.
Heyo,
I appreciate the sentiment, and I think ending the year while Feet is still official with a Feet solve is as great idea, but please stop spamming all of the threads.
Two or three would maybe be okay, but you've done a lot more than that and it's verging on a reportable offense.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Heyo,
I appreciate the sentiment, and I think ending the year while Feet is still official with a Feet solve is as great idea, but please stop spamming all of the threads.
Two or three would maybe be okay, but you've done a lot more than that and it's verging on a reportable offense.
That’s fair. I did think about that beforehand, but I guess I didn’t understand the severity. Thank you for your insight, and happy decade!