• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Slow F2L Video Request

A while ago, I was looking at a F2L thread, and someone posted a video of someone doing a slow F2L solve. He was showing how the slow F2L can help you achieve faster times. He was going relatively very slow during F2L, and was able to, I believe, achieve a sub-15 Average.

I want to see this video again, because most videos are either teaching F2L, or going too fast, although they say they are slowing down. This one video was perfect, as he was acting much slower, but still achieved sub-15.

Thanks in advance.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To get sub15 you have a pretty decent TPS (around 3 or so) which is decently quick. Unless you mean the F2L itself was done in sub15 (which would put a handful of people at sub20 or right there close to it). I saw on youtube a 25 second solve with pretty slow turning F2L, I can find that if you meant that instead.

To get sub15 you have a pretty decent TPS (around 3 or so) which is decently quick. Unless you mean the F2L itself was done in sub15 (which would put a handful of people at sub20 or right there close to it). I saw on youtube a 25 second solve with pretty slow turning F2L, I can find that if you meant that instead.

Maybe it was sub-20, but definitely not over. I still wanna say sub-15.
But, he wasn't too slow. 3 TPS seems about right. definitely wasn't 1 TPS. It was slow enough for someone with a sup25 average to be able to see and understand. But, not too slow.

Was it this?

No. Thanks for the video, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Litz

I remember watching a slow turning (sub 15?) average by Nakajima back when I was pretty bad at F2L due to no look-ahead and it convinced me to slow down. They were slow turning solves though (including cross and LL) so the F2L could be much slower.. You might want to check it out anyway.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
That was probably the one you were looking for, but I have a video of an average of 5 that is sub 14. I believe I turn relatively slow in F2L. (2 look OLL and full PLL I speed up)

Wow...very smooth and stable F2L...so deceptively "slow." Love it!
haha thanks. The slow F2L speed looks better in my other AO5 video, though it's not sub 15.

Joker

YouTube
Visit Channel

YES! That's it. I really appreciate that.

To everyone else, thanks for all those other great videos. Not only did I get the video I asked, but all those other ones are also great to watch, and have the same flow I wanted.

Thanks again.
No problem :tu
This is the one that I thought was awesome:

Dang thats really good for "slow" turning. But I think thats a little fast for "slow" turning, a better word would be something like "consistent" turning.