• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should I start a podcast?

EntireTV

So I have pretty small channel (200 subs about) and I have been seeing a lot more podcasts (eg. DlSone) and I had an idea one night, and thought it would be fun making a podcast, with some of my fellow smaller YouTube channels, maybe offering our own insights because we are smaller. I'm still debating but if you helpful people can please help out, maybe give me ideas for topics of a name for the podcast?

EntireTV

What would you talk about? Any format for the show on how it would be structured?

Yes I was thinking of

New events (WR or NR or YTUWR significant times)
Comps we (members are going to)
YouTube Cubing tips or notabilities
Some sort of "Cube of the week"
And maybe more...
Those are just a few ideas... I need more I think

I

IAmEpic2004

Podcasts can be a lot of work! With the production level that Cubecast wants, some components of production (like editing) are very time-intensive for me.

Yeah, you have to keep this in mind. I've never done a podcast, so I can only imagine how much work it is.
But if you're willing to put in the time and effort, I think that's a great idea!

EntireTV

Yeah, you have to keep this in mind. I've never done a podcast, so I can only imagine how much work it is.
But if you're willing to put in the time and effort, I think that's a great idea!

I think I can do the editing. I am pretty passionate and not SUPER busy so I may start one!

1w3playZ

WCA
2014MARS05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why wouldn't you start one is the question.

Honestly, I think its a great idea. One thing that might help though is making it more often than The Cubecast or Dlsone. They do it like every month I think, so why not do one every two weeks? I know it might be a lot of work, but maybe do it in sessions. Meaning, you maybe do two episodes in one night, yet upload them 2 weeks apart from each other.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I can do the editing. I am pretty passionate and not SUPER busy so I may start one!

A Cubecast episode was released today. The raw audio was well over two hours long, with four independently recorded tracks. The edit must contain hundreds of fades, cuts, and level adjustments, and I stayed up almost all night finishing it.

Depending how hard you want to go with a podcast, you can have a great final product. What you put in is what you get out.