• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ShengShou VS MF8

Kaiju_cube

Just curious. I have the big Shengshou *minxs, (Mega, Giga, Tera, Peta),... and on YouTube I see only MF8 and Shengshou *minx's in those big sizes. But looking around online the MF8 Giga, Tera, Petaminxs are out of stock, discontinued, etc.

Did Shengshou just crush them in the marketplace? Were the MF8's really bad in comparison?

I just find it interesting that when it comes to big *minx's Shengshou seems to have no competition.

I wasn't into cubing 7-8 years ago when the MF8's seem to have been around so I don't really know anything about them. I have a couple MF8 brick cuboids that seem fine though. The quality doesn't seem bad.

Just curious about their Giga/Tera/Petaminx ones.

<wish I understood Russian>

<thanks for any history/insights or stories>

Last edited:

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just curious. I have the big Shengshou *minxs, (Mega, Giga, Tera, Peta),... and on YouTube I see only MF8 and Shengshou *minx's in those big sizes. But looking around online the MF8 Giga, Tera, Petaminxs are out of stock, discontinued, etc.

Did Shengshou just crush them in the marketplace? Were the MF8's really bad in comparison?

I just find it interesting that when it comes to big *minx's Shengshou seems to have no competition.

I wasn't into cubing 7-8 years ago when the MF8's seem to have been around so I don't really know anything about them. I have a couple MF8 brick cuboids that seem fine though. The quality doesn't seem bad.

Just curious about their Giga/Tera/Petaminx ones.

<wish I understood Russian>

<thanks for any history/insights or stories>
I wonder when Yuxin will release the stickerless petaminx.

Their newly released gigaminx is quite good yo.

Kaiju_cube

yeah it really is! And DianSheng is making a magnetic one apparently now, too.