• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shengen-FIII vs Dayan Guhong (poll)

What to buy?

• Shengen-FIII (F3)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Dayan Guhong

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

houngpong

I'm deciding whether or not I want a Shengen-FIII or a Dayan Guhong DIY. I do have Lubix, and I can tension.
Can you guys help? Please stay on topic and not discuss something else like "they both suck, get a fangshi instead"
What are the pros and cons of both?

I really do like the Sheng-En FII (F2). It's bubbly, round, and smoother than something like a Zhanchi. Also awesome for one-handed.
How does the Shengen-FIII perform one-handed? Two-handed? How about the Guhong?

Oh, and I turn accurately; I use the F2 as my main so it really helped me learn that

Last edited:

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
All I know about the f-III is it's not as good as the f-II. Some people liked their f-ii more than their guhong. I prefer the f-II to guhong for oh but I like the zhanchi more. It's all your preference. Those these are old cubes and a lot of new ones are out.

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm deciding whether or not I want a Shengen-FIII or a Dayan Guhong DIY. I do have Lubix, and I can tension.
Can you guys help? Please stay on topic and not discuss something else like "they both suck, get a fangshi instead"
What are the pros and cons of both?

I really do like the Sheng-En FII (F2). It's bubbly, round, and smoother than something like a Zhanchi. Also awesome for one-handed.
How does the Shengen-FIII perform one-handed? Two-handed? How about the Guhong?

Oh, and I turn accurately; I use the F2 as my main so it really helped me learn that

Guhong is good, but newer cubes are better. Try Moyu Weilong, Gans III, Maru CX-3, YJ Sulong, and Dayan Zhanchi.

Did you even read the original post?

On-topic:
I think the F2 is better than the FIII. Guhong vs. F2 is pretty close. Guhong is great cube. Some really fast cubers like Alex Lau use it still.

Last edited:

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't heard a single good word about the FIII. On the contrary, the Guhong is a great piece of cubing and will probably go down in history as the first cube of a generation.

rudra

FIII was my first speedcube, it was horrible. It always popped in 5 solves. Corner cutting is not good too. Don't get an FIII

houngpong

Guhong v2 in my opinion is the best speedcube on the market.
I think I saw your comparison of guhong v2 and guhong v1. Which would you say is better for OH?
and the shape, is the guhong v2 more "square" than the guhong v1? or are they both the same?

Last edited: