• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Share your competition photos!

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I've just added a new section, the Media Gallery, which is a central location to share your competition photos. You can access it at the link above or in the navbar under Media:

xaqnC5IeeKsUX6AMuhM4QcUEpRFpVN2HddAHcYRjgpk

This has been something I've wanted to add for a long time which will allow people to share pictures of competitions, and videos as well. The idea is that, if I wanted to look back on Worlds 2011, for example, I could go browse all the images posted about it in the media gallery from the entire community. We can create albums for various competitions and any user with pictures can add to it. We can also embed media, such as videos from Youtube. This is useful if we wanted to create an album or section for World Records, National Records, etc. The more people that add their photos, the better it will be.

If you have some images, please go ahead and add them now. If you have suggestions for categorizing or organizing, please reply here with your feedback so we can improve it. I think this could be a useful resource for the community and it is something that I've always wanted to see. I just went ahead and added some pictures I took a few years ago at the Thai Championship 2013.

If you have any questions/suggestions, don't hesitate to reply here.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I think this is an awesome idea! I hope the threads just don't get clogged up with submissions from all one user. The more perspectives, the better!
Like the wiki, the more people that contribute, the better it will be for everyone.

In terms of organizing, we're still trying to figure out the best way to upload. I created an album with the competition name, though we can play around with other options.

If you have some pictures to share, please go ahead and do so now.

Schmidt

WCA
2012SCHM07
Will comments from users other than the poster be allowed? I would rather just see pictures instead of one picture and then ten "Noice" and "Wow Dude" replies before the next picture is shown.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Will comments from users other than the poster be allowed? I would rather just see pictures instead of one picture and then ten "Noice" and "Wow Dude" replies before the next picture is shown.
The comments shouldn't prevent you from browsing to the next photo. Can you be more specific on the issue you're having?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Cool! I've just added an album of photos from Tübingen Open 2016.

Can I suggest you change the setting so that the album overview is the starting page and not the media index. That way what you see first isn't just some loose pictures with no context but a nicely organised grid of competitions.
Excellent album from the Tübingen Open 2016 - I enjoyed those.

Sorry about the delay in replying, have been out of town and just got home recently. Good suggestion, I've updated it to default to newly uploaded media (and if no new media, then it will go to the album overview). Do you have any suggestions on how we should organize media? I created the "World Records" category to easily find all world record media, and then to test, a "Competition Images" category. However, categories may not be needed if each competition with media just has its own album. What do you think? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, anyone who wants to upload pictures but wants to have a watermark added, please let me know as I can automatically have watermarks added to images if there is interest.

Last edited:

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks!

Yeah, I think this way works well. The world record category is dispensable, I would say, since people would immediately go to YouTube if they wanted to see WR videos anyway. So the competition photo section is really the one that makes the most sense, in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe it should be possible to view more than nine pictures per page?

Reactions: pjk

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Thanks!

Yeah, I think this way works well. The world record category is dispensable, I would say, since people would immediately go to YouTube if they wanted to see WR videos anyway. So the competition photo section is really the one that makes the most sense, in my opinion.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe it should be possible to view more than nine pictures per page?
Thanks for the suggestions. I imagine if all the latest WR videos were in 1 spot, that would be useful.

I've updated the pictures per page to 27 - good suggestion. Let me know if anything else comes up.