• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SCTimer || web based timer

zxoraz

348gjtc.png

SCTimer is a new web-based timer I've created.

The features SCTimer has are:
1.Scrambler
2.Inspection
3.Saves your records
4.Statistics & graph
5.Live latest activity

www.SCTimer.cz.cc

P.S
I know that the scrambler is not fully working at the moment and I am working on it.

So, what do you think about it?
Please post comments / advices in order to improve SCTimer :)
Thanks

EDIT:
SCTimer is NOT reliable yet due to incorrect time, a few users reported that it is being slower than normal, so yea il be working on that.
And thanks everyone for giving a try :D!

Last edited:

jtjogobonito

WCA
2007TAMA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looks awesome, but the timer itself is about a tenth of a second slow. (I timed it for 10 seconds and it said 9)

(I'm tried it on Chrome and Firefox on WinXP)

EDIT: It's about 1/10 a second slow for chrome, but about 2/30 a second slow for firefox.

Last edited:

Samania

The link brought me to a laser hair removal search.

Was that supposed to happen..

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
-average of 12 not 10
-best average of 5 and 12

These are important to get right. "Average of 5" and "Average of 12" are standards you should absolutely use; in both cases, the highest and lowest times are thrown out and the mean of the rest is taken.
"Average" (above "Best Time") should then be changed to "Mean" to distinguish it from the cubers' meaning of "average."

Also, the banner is a bit spacey. Best to assume your users don't always browse full-screen.

Something's weird...

I use Chrome.
And when I use the timer for Cubemania, my average is around 33-ish.
When I use this SCTimer, my average goes down, to like, 25-ish...
Every time.

So, I think your timer is slow, or something. I know that the look of your Timer isn't making my times ~5 seconds better.

Or is it?

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
sctimer 4.24
stackmat 5.43

Wow, this is like a smart phone with tons of cool stuff but poor telephone quality. Seriously, if you're making a timer, the one thing you absolutely need to get right is the time.