• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Saint John New-Brunswick, Canada, Cube Canada day competition.

Drake

I was wondering who was going there: there

So that's fun, there a lot of events :rolleyes:. I will probably go, depends of my mom...

Dave Campbell

WCA
2005CAMP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Drake, do you happen to know any other cubers in the New Brunswick (or maritimes in general)? We really need to ensure we get enough cubers show up and compete, so anyone to add to the numbers at this point is what we want.

Whereabouts in NB are you located?

Erzz

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm almost for sure going. I'm from Nova Scotia.

Edit: Might get a couple of friends to register and come along.

Edit: Going for sure. Probably bringing along my girlfriend who cubes.

Last edited:

Drake

No i don't know other cubers in NB, but i only live 5 hours from Saint-John, and im suppose to move back closse of Moncton. But im sure there is a couple fo cubers in Moncton, and Saint-John, and probably Fredericton. I still didn't registered, but i will do as soon that im 100% to go.

Dave Campbell

WCA
2005CAMP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dave, are you going there in car? That would be hard!

As a matter of fact, I am driving there. I need to bring the timers and merch, so it is too much to take on a plane. Besides, road trip! I am leaving the Tuesday night and hope to be in Saint John by Thursday evening.

So, needless to say, with me driving so far (remember, i have to go back, too!), i really want to make sure we have enough competitors to keep it official. So please, if you know anyone that can solve the cube and can be there on July 1st, spread the word!

No :( It sucks though because I'm vacationing in the east coast the weekend before the comp.

I cannot disapprove of this enough. Tell your family to leave you there, we'll bring you home.

Drake

Maybe little in advance to do this but anyway... If somme 1 want a shengshou 4x4 i have 1 for sell, berly used it since i got it for christmas, almost new, in very good condition, cubetwist square 1, same thing, i didn't even play 15 min with it at all, mefferts pyraminx, still in very good condition, didn't used it back since i restickered in end of december, maybe 2 ghost hand 2x2, 1 one cubesmith tiles, rubik's fully functinnal 2x2x4, berly used it, and i think it's all for now.

WCA
2011STAI01
Alright, my name is Micah Stairs. I got my firs Rubiks cube for Christmas, so I've been speedcubing for 6 months now. I love it and am so excited that a competition is so close to where I live. Currently averaging 26 seconds but I'm going to work hard during this next month. I live in Quispamsis, which is a 15 minute drive from Saint John.

I noticed that we have only 3 people signed up for this competition, and I also understand that it's probably hard to find people to attend this event. Fortunately, I can help. Here's a list of people I know in New Brunswick that can solve a Rubiks cube. (unless otherwise stated, they go to my highschool). Most of them range from speeds of 40 seconds to a couple minutes.

-Myself, registered
-Best friend Aaron, planning to attend
-Teacher at my school, Mr. Garcia, planning to attend
-Meggie, planning to attend
-Connor and Jacob, maybe (still memorizing their last few algorithms)
-I *haven't mentioned it to 4 or 5 other guys yet
-Jesse, I haven't mentioned it to him yet (goes to school in fredricton)
-Isaac (my cousin) and his entire class learned how to solve the rubiks cube as an extra project in one of their classes, they all live in Moncton. Hopefully some of them might be interested, I'll mention it to them soon.

So as you can see we do have cubers in NB and I will do my best to get as many of them to come as possible!

Erzz

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Two or three more Nova Scotians may be registering. My girlfriend, a friend who may be going to Animaritimes at the time of the comp, and another friend who is around a minute. They just need to figure out if they can make it.

Drake

Ok, i registetired going for sure, except if sommething happens. Those that spleep in an hotel/motel, with one are you going,just wondering lol.

Drake

Like when we were going with the school swimming team we were going to confort inn, cost less then the delta. But im still not sure if i sleep in Moncton of directly in Saint-John.

Drake

Yes i registered, but people should register. But in a way it would be stupid to cancel it, even if we are less then 10, cause more people will see, cause it's pretty unusal competition in NB, and the media will be their to, so other people will see that, and maybe new cubers.