• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ryanheise.com simulators BLD

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not talking about the blindfold simulator. I wanted to use the sighted simulator and actually close my eyes so that I can see how did I DNF if it happens. The weird thing is that executing the algorithms is almost impossible. (algs I can do in about 1-2 seconds I end up tracing in my head for about 10 seconds or DNFing them). Anyone else who cannot type them blindfolded?

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
well, if you're used to the controls, doing them blindfolded shouldn't be that bad...

but you gave me a nice idea :) Ryan never added the "gave up" feature I suggested, so that may be the only way to see how good/bad the DNF was :D

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm very very used to the controls. I did more solves on that and I'm faster on that than the real cube. But without looking I just mess up completely. The feeling is so awkward!

I also emailed Ryan about the gave up feature, but he hasn't responded. I guess that's not happening.

Gprano

WCA
2008POTR01
That's the same as closing eyes.
On the blind simulator you can see the movements though the cube is gray, and it's easier to perform algorithms.

Yup, not seing why we dnfed is frustrating...