• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubiks touch cube questions

richardzhang

YouTube
Visit Channel
I won a touch cube yesturday and i have some questions about it.

1.How long does it take to charge?

2.On the stand what does the colour of the pyraminx thing mean?

3.[noob question]Just out of curiosity could you use a touch cube at a comp[/noob question].

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

3.[noob question]Just out of curiosity could you use a touch cube at a comp[/noob question].

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololovlololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

No.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololovlololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

No.

1257745932033.jpg

DcF1337

Why? Even if you could, why on Earth would you want to? :confused::confused:

PHPJaguar

HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAA LMFAO AHAHAHAHAHAH OMG AHAHAHAH YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING

I think so too. In HTML/BBC code you'd usually have to add a value to an attribute. You also don't add attributes to the closing tag. So instead of
Code:
[noob question]Just out of curiosity could you use a touch cube at a comp[/noob question]
you'd do something like this.
Code:
[noob question="notwellthoughtout"]Just out of curiosity could you use a touch cube at a comp[/noob]
Or maybe
Code:
[question type="noob"]Just out of curiosity could you use a touch cube at a comp[/question]
would display better for those using Internet Explorer.

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel

Ok, Checked the regulations:

Basically no because:

3l) Cube puzzles must have at most one logo. For Rubik's Cube or bigger cube puzzles the logo must be placed on one of the centre pieces.

3b) Puzzles must be in reasonable working order, so that normal scrambling is possible.

3e) Twisty puzzles must either have coloured stickers or coloured tiles

3h) No modifications are allowed that enhance the basic concept of a puzzle. Some examples of enhancing the basic concept are: new moves are possible, normal moves are impossible, more pieces are visible, colours on the backside of the puzzle are visible, moves are done automatically, more or other solved states.

3k) Puzzles must be approved by a judge before the competitor competes.

So yeah. That's why. Also, Please don't curse or get angry. Immature behavior is not worth replying to.

Last edited by a moderator:

richardzhang

YouTube
Visit Channel

Basically no because:

3l) Cube puzzles must have at most one logo. For Rubik's Cube or bigger cube puzzles the logo must be placed on one of the centre pieces.

3b) Puzzles must be in reasonable working order, so that normal scrambling is possible.

3h) No modifications are allowed that enhance the basic concept of a puzzle. Some examples of enhancing the basic concept are: new moves are possible, normal moves are impossible, more pieces are visible, colours on the backside of the puzzle are visible, moves are done automatically, more or other solved states.

So yeah. That's why. Also, Please don't curse or get angry. Immature behavior is not worth replying to.
Tt doesnt really answer my questions.

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel

Basically no because:

Well it was all I could find.

inuyasha51089

YouTube
Visit Channel

Basically no because:

it has to charge for about 8 hours and has a play time of about 1-2 hours no you cant use it in comps and if your interested in getting rid of it let me know a price

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04

Basically no because:

No modifications are allowed that enhance the basic concept of a puzzle.
How much clearer does it have to be?

Denhomer

WCA
2008WINK01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Basically no because:

Why would you think that something with a 'solve' button would be allowed in competition...

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

I think it says it's supposed to take 8 hours, but I've never seen it take more than about 3, when fully out of charge. I've sometimes wondered if that means our TouchCube has a somewhat bad battery, but I guess it's working okay for us - it lasts somewhere between one and two hours when fully charged.

If you mean what I think you mean, red means it hasn't decided it's charged yet, green means it believes it's charged. If you take it out when it's green and then put it right back in, it generally is red again - that's because it doesn't know it's just been charged. Battery charging is still an inexact science, so if you want your TouchCube to last, you need to follow the directions. They say in the instructions that come with the cube that once it's charged, you shouldn't recharge it until it's almost out of charge again. So you should put it back in the stand after that turned the wrong direction so it won't charge until you use it up, then put it back in for a full recharge. It's kind of a pain, but it's the way these kinds of rechargeable batteries work, unfortunately.

What everyone else says is true, this is truly a LOL question, since a TouchCube makes a terrible speedcube. But I think a strict interpretation of the rules would mean you can't use one. And you would probably be frowned upon by the organizer for doing so. I highly recommend you not even consider trying it.