• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Roman Strakhov - 5:18.65 5x5x5 Blindfolded

S

Scruggsy13

Very nicely done. I remember when he got his 5:53 Russian NR and mentioned in the description that he didn't care anymore about having the WR. So cool that he finally made it to a comp and broke WR.

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Heey! I just came home and now I can write a couple of words about the record.
First of all: FINALLY! I've been waiting for this WR since ~March 2014. This was my third competition where I was aiming to set a world record (TBW 2014, MPEI 2014, CCC EoS 2015) and I'm glad I finally done it. Thanks everyone for your support! =*
About the solve: I did one attempt in the first day of CCC comp - Friday - and DNFed (quit when realized that memo was too slow). I was too exhausted and also DNFed five 3BLD solves out of six (the "successful" one was around 2 minutes) and two 4BLD solves. At the second day, when I decided to stay in Moscow for this year, I thought that now I have more comps and more possibilities to show good results, so I didn't care about the solve anymore. You can probably see it from the video: before the solve I was just talking, relaxing etc. Turned out this is the key to success! :)
Sorry for the video angle, I haven't thought about the sight of the cube. Probably the best thing I can do right now is to film the execution reconstruction and maybe a memo reconstruction, that would be pretty interesting ;)
SCRAMBLE: https://pp.vk.me/c622223/v622223313/4196d/nySftAtOfZQ.jpg - number two, with 3 flipped middles.