• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Riddles thread

RNewms27

YouTube
Visit Channel
If 1=5
2=25
3=125
and 4=625
What does five equal?

This is the misinterpreted version.
If f(1)=5
f(2)=25
f(3)=125
f(4)=625

What is f(5)?

In which case, yes the answer is
5x5x5x5x5 = 3125

But since the answer is a given in the REAL problem, it should be interpreted as such.

aaronb

"I am holding a rare earth magnet. Now save my file."
You have no idea how much I laughed at that. :p

@Jaycee
The one where you say 5=1, I agree with. You never said it was a function, so even though I got it wrong, I agree.

stricgoogle

YouTube
Visit Channel
The computer is being really mean to you, so you slam the keyboard. Then it says that it will destroy an important file and what happens to it depends on what statement you type next. If it is true, the computer will shut itself off, and the file will be gone. If the statement is false, it will delete the file. You then must type something that will keep the computer from doing anything. What is the statement?
"You will delete this file."
or "You will not shut your self off." <- this is probably grammarly wrong, but you get the idea :p.
Also, how do you make a spoiler? I quoted someone to get the code then replaced the text...
EDIT: Thanks Sahid :).

Last edited:

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
"You will delete this file."
or "You will not shut your self off." <- this is probably grammarly wrong, but you get the idea :p.
Also, how do you make a spoiler? I quoted someone to get the code then replaced the text...
EDIT: Thanks Sahid :).

You do what you saw...type
text goes here [/spoiler ] without the space between the last closing bracket.

I can't tell if Oskar is just messing with us, but how do you really solve this? Apparently, it's not so obvious, so I guess that the circles goes on it's side, and goes in the rectangle hole, but what about the rectangle block? Am I taking this too seriously and over analyzing it?

Last edited by a moderator:

thackernerd

WCA
2011THAC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Their is a 1 story house that is completely brown. The roof is brown, the kitchen is brown, and the couches are brown. What color are the stairs?

Their isn't any.

Their is a guy that lives in a 81 story apartment. Everyday when he goes to work, he takes the elevator down to the first floor and goes to work like a normal person would. When he comes back from work he takes the elevator up to the 54th floor and then walks the rest of the way up to his room. Why doesn't he just take the elevator all the way up to his room?

He's a midget so he can only reach the 54th button.

Sa967St

Not A Moderator
WCA
2007STRO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Their is a guy that lives in a 81 story apartment. Everyday when he goes to work, he takes the elevator down to the first floor and goes to work like a normal person would. When he comes back from work he takes the elevator up to the 54th floor and then walks the rest of the way up to his room. Why doesn't he just take the elevator all the way up to his room?

He's a midget so he can only reach the 54th button.

Here's a variation of that riddle.

There is a man who lives on the top floor of a 50 story apartment. Whenever he comes back from work, he takes the elevator up to the 30th floor then walks up 20 flights of stairs to get to his floor. The only time when he takes the elevator up directly to the 50th floor is when it has been raining. Why does he do this?

He is short and can only reach the button for the 20th floor, but when it has been raining he can use his umbrella to push the top button.

Sillas

YouTube
Visit Channel
You do what you saw...type
text goes here [/spoiler ] without the space between the last closing bracket.

I can't tell if Oskar is just messing with us, but how do you really solve this? Apparently, it's not so obvious, so I guess that the circles goes on it's side, and goes in the rectangle hole, but what about the rectangle block? Am I taking this too seriously and over analyzing it?
Lol. Is very simple. He is trolling.
"Please if you know the solution, please don't post the solution"
Selected comments and little smile on his face.
And the solution does not seem what is... a 'child' can solve it. :fp

Last edited by a moderator:

Zane_C

Premium Member
WCA
2010CARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
NASA was considering sending canaries into space to study them under zero gravity. The project was scrapped when someone realized that in spite of having sufficient water supplies, they could die of dehydration within a few hours. Why?
Birds need to first know how to use drinking apparatuses in space (such as a straw or squeeze bottle).

I might as well contribute a riddle, just did a search and selected one off the internet:

Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

Answer:
'Language', not everyone uses it everyday though...

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Three robbers robbed a store. When they came out, they were totally changed, but they continued robbing. Why?
They robbed a clothes store, and changed their clothes, not their ways.