• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rhodri Mativo's Magic Restringing Tutorial

N

nitrocan

I've restrung mine and it broke after the 10th solve. (not saying anything against his tutorial)
Why are these guys spamming a "cubing" website, if you want to sell a car, go do it somewhere else.

not_kevin

WCA
2008YOUN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bump! thx ! -------------------------Supply Cheap wow gold to our loyal customers. Buy wow gold now, we have available stock of wow goldon most of the servers. We can provide really cheap wow gold. Enjoy a new wow gold life, We are a world class wow gold store online !

I've restrung mine and it broke after the 10th solve. (not saying anything against his tutorial)
Why are these guys spamming a "cubing" website, if you want to sell a car, go do it somewhere else.

The same goes to WoW gold ads.

MistArts

Bump! thx ! -------------------------Supply Cheap wow gold to our loyal customers. Buy wow gold now, we have available stock of wow goldon most of the servers. We can provide really cheap wow gold. Enjoy a new wow gold life, We are a world class wow gold store online !

The same goes to WoW gold ads.

That person has a WCA profile...xD

But then magic isn't related to speedsolving....

not_kevin

WCA
2008YOUN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess EastSheen, Meffert's and VCubes aren't speedsolving either?:p

[sarcasm]*Sigh* Good point. I guess we're just going to need to close off half the threads in here; after all, joy cubes, Edison cubes, online simulators, tutorials on how to solve anything are also not Rubik's-related.[/sarcasm]

Seriously, 'tho, those are discussed because Rubik's has created a version of their puzzles (or provided inspiration for them). And they're still used to solve speedily, so they can stay.

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
Can someone help me un-string my magic? One string popped out and I realize to restring it, I have to un-string it and re-string it.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Gently and patiently twist one tile at a time until you get them to come loose, starting with a tile where the string came loose. You should be able to get them free without really knowing what you're doing, if you do this a while. It shouldn't require a lot of force, just twisting in various directions until they come loose.

After a couple of restringing attempts, you will eventually get where you can restring without taking it apart. But for a first try, I think it makes sense to take the whole thing apart. That way you'll understand how it's put together better.

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks! I just un-stringed it. Now I will watch the videos!:)

EDIT:I didn't want to double post so, I've restrung my magic after many failed attempts!! Thanks forthe tutorial, Rhodri!!

Last edited:

fcwy1

YouTube
Visit Channel
i took apart everything. But when i try to re-string it, the pictures comes out of the plastic tile, or one of the plastic tile falls off.
my strings are too tight to re-string also.

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
i took apart everything. But when i try to re-string it, the pictures comes out of the plastic tile, or one of the plastic tile falls off.
my strings are too tight to re-string also.
Taping the strings while putting them on may help. Or just do the things I do - be very patient. I started re-stringing my first magic on Friday and it took me 4 hours from Friday through Sunday. I just stringed one today and it was a piece of cake.

And about your strings being too tight, that doesn't make sense. If they were originally on the magic, then it should work. Perhaps you aren't strong enough then. :D