• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Remove 3x3x3 with Feet as an Official Event?

Do you think 3x3x3 WF should be removed from the list of official events?

• Total voters

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol I didn't even know feet was a mo3 event. Someone who cares about the event go ahead and ask for it to be changed, too. :s

Maybe no one does.

The point is that feet has a better case for avg5 than 6x6x6 so we should be looking at that before it if it is going to happen.

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
Maybe no one does.

The point is that feet has a better case for avg5 than 6x6x6 so we should be looking at that before it if it is going to happen.

This got already proposed for 2013 and was objected. I highly doubt that it would be accepted for 6x6x6.

arcio1

WCA
2012KRIS12
YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO, avg5 for feet is a good idea, not because you can mess up your solve, but because your cube can pop. It is really hard to fix cube using your feet, and even if you manage to do it, your average will be destroyed.
Actually, my cube popped at Polish Nationals 2013, luckily it was first round, somehow I made finals and end up being third.

Or insead of changing feet format, it would be good to allow feet solvers to fix their cubes with hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

cubeflip

WCA
2009HAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kirjava said:
Feet has a better case for average of 5 if it's staying.

I brought this up during the regulations discussion at worlds. I don't think Vincent nor Lucas like Feet in the first place. We also discussed 6x6 avg5. They don't like the idea of changing it because of the time requirement. Yes, there may not be that many additional scrambles, but changing the format would make the event longer than it already is.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
the only mean of events left are 6x6,7x7 and feet. 6x6 and 7x7 take a long time and feet most people hate. You change them to keep the events with averages uniform. But then most comps wouldn't hold 6x6 or 7x7 or have a 4:00 cut off for 6x6 and 5:00 for 7x7 or something. And feet well...

elrog

YouTube
Visit Channel
there's no point changing to avg5 if you plan on removing it later. just remove it.

Why remove it? If you don't like it, don't participate in it. If there was a man with no hands who did feet solving and wanted TH and OH removed, nobody would listen. Some would say this is because TH and OH are more popular, but that doesn't make it right. If there are people out there who enjoy feet-solving, let them enjoy it just as you enjoy doing TH.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I feel like all "legitimate" reasons stem from the fact that you don't like it.
If you did enjoy feet, you probably wouldn't want it removed.

Please stop making assumptions. Please do not claim bias where none exists.

I really like 3x3x5, but I do not think it should be an event just because I like it.