• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Relatively New to SpeedCubing!

Hey there everyone! I'm new to this site and are excited to learn more about speedcubing. I've been solving cubes for about 8 months now. I can currently solve the 2x2 in 2 seconds, and the 3x3 in 29 seconds. Don't know if that's good for 8 months, but I'm trying. I know Ortega, and I'm getting into CLL for 2x2. I am currently memorizing PLL from CFOP for 3x3. I can also solve a pyramix in 10 seconds using the beginner method. And the 4x4 in 3 minutes. (I know, that's a long time, but I've only just started with the 4x4). My favorite cube would have to be the 2x2. I don't know why, I just somehow connect with it better than the other cubes. I wish I could've started cubing years ago, like when I was 10 or 11. Unfortunately, I'm 16, so I'm not really the ideal age. Oh well. I plan on memorizing and getting good at all of these cubes in the next 2 years or so. Would love someone to reply to this! Thanks for reading!

Hi guys, thanks for responding. I was wondering if any of you are good at the Yau method for the 4x4. I have one, but I can't find a good tutorial for that method. If you guys know of any, please tell me, it would be appreciated, thanks!

Welcome! You are quite fast at 2x2 for your 3x3 speed. What 3x3 do you use?
I currently use a valk 3 power, but I am soon getting a GAN 356 Air SM.

Welcome to the forums! I would recommend learning CLL and the rest of 2x2 algorithms here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MxiMX9a506JeAcLnUXZr8FgXAY/edit#gid=653202178
Cool, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey there everyone! I'm new to this site and are excited to learn more about speedcubing. I've been solving cubes for about 8 months now. I can currently solve the 2x2 in 2 seconds, and the 3x3 in 29 seconds. Don't know if that's good for 8 months, but I'm trying. I know Ortega, and I'm getting into CLL for 2x2. I am currently memorizing PLL from CFOP for 3x3. I can also solve a pyramix in 10 seconds using the beginner method. And the 4x4 in 3 minutes. (I know, that's a long time, but I've only just started with the 4x4). My favorite cube would have to be the 2x2. I don't know why, I just somehow connect with it better than the other cubes. I wish I could've started cubing years ago, like when I was 10 or 11. Unfortunately, I'm 16, so I'm not really the ideal age. Oh well. I plan on memorizing and getting good at all of these cubes in the next 2 years or so. Would love someone to reply to this! Thanks for reading!
welcome

A much better option than the Gan 356 Air SM is the RS3M2020. It is only $10 and is considered the best cube ever by many people.
I looked at it and it looks good, but I'm just wondering how if a cube can be one of the best out there, why is it so cheap? Plus, Max and Feliks both used the GAN 356 Air SM and broke world records with it.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I looked at it and it looks good, but I'm just wondering how if a cube can be one of the best out there, why is it so cheap? Plus, Max and Feliks both used the GAN 356 Air SM and broke world records with it.
If you want to use a cube JUST because the best cubers do at least get the Gan 11 Pro M. I would highly suggest against buying a cube because the top people use it. A cube doesn't have to be expensive to be good, I guess it doesn't cost Mofang Jiaoshi that much to produce the RS3M2020.

Z

Zubin Park

Honestly you can get such good times with cheaper cubes. I could be sub-10 with a non magnetic cube, but I get more expensive cubes because of the feel, and of course it makes me a little faster due to hardware.

moh_33

i only use a cheap 1 dollar cube i got from a school bazaar, its a Guanlong and i don't have any trouble of getting into sub 30 (still sub 35 avg). About your idea on buying a cube that the pros use to break WR's, i recommend NOT to buy a cube just because the pros break WR's with it, what you usually do is find out if a cube has the things that you want it to feel like, look like etc. Maybe you like Clicky turning on cubes, you can find a cube for that, maybe you like Steady and magnetic cubes, you can always find a magnetic cube, Maybe you like a cube that has smooth and soundless turning you can also find a cube like that.

the point is, try not to buy cubes just because you find the top cubers use it to break WR's, find something that you like since you and them different, you each have your own personal preferences.

then again if you find out that the GAN 356 air SM has something that you like about it, feel free to use it because i have no rights or reason to stop you from getting what you want.