• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random F2L Tricks from Anthony & Weston

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whenever one of us posts a new video I'll add it to this thread so they'll all be grouped together in one place. Hope these help.

Last edited by a moderator:

chicken9290

Banned
nice video weston. this is your first in a while. i remember last time i saw you i only averaged 18 seconds haha

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anthony, what is your regular alg for the case at 3:10? I use either R U2' R' U R U R' U R U' R' or y' R' U R U2 y R U R'. I'm not too fond of either. :/

It depends on EO. If I had to stick to one though, I'd use the alg Sarah suggested. I execute it as Rw' R U Rw U' Rw' U' M'.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Learnt R U' F' r U R' U' r' F, knew the rest in both videos :p
I then found R F' r U R' U' r' F, as I saw the first one was a setup to an OLL. Hopefully I'll learn some more new cases throughout the series.

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
L'U2RU'R'U2'L is better than L'U2RUR'U2L. (By the way, R'F'RUR'U'R'FR2 is great from another angle.)
and come on, these CLSes please: U'R'D'RUR'DR, U'RU'R'URU2'R'U'RUR'
The last OPF2L case is from my page.

Do I need to make videos to get noticed nowadays?

Last edited:

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
L'U2RU'R'U2'L is better than L'U2RUR'U2L. (By the way, R'F'RUR'U'R'FR2 is great from another angle.)
I use L'U2RU'R'U2L if I happen to recognize the case when it's in the back like that. However, I (and most people) would recognize it with the pair in the front, in which case I'd prefer to do L'U2RUR'U2L rather than a U2 followed by the other alg as it is only very slightly faster (for me, at least). I know, love and use the alg from the other angle that you pointed out, but my intention wasn't to cram as many algs as possible into a single video.

and come on, these CLSes please: U'R'D'RUR'DR, U'RU'R'URU2'R'U'RUR'
I know both of these too, but in the video I decided to mirror the first case for simplicity's sake since I wanted to cater to beginners as well. I feel that (R'FRF')x3 is just as fast as the second alg you posted so I went with that for the same reason.

The last OPF2L case is from my page.
Is that where I learnt it? Maybe, but I think I saw it floating around the forum. You do have a ton of awesome stuff on your website.

Do I need to make videos to get noticed nowadays?
As far as I'm concerned, no. I'm well aware, and grateful, of all the great stuff you've contributed. This was just a video I made to help out Weston's mini-series and hopefully be of use to some cubers.

Last edited:

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
As far as I'm concerned, no. I'm well aware, and grateful, of all the great stuff you've contributed. This was just a video I made to help out Weston's mini-series and hopefully be of use to some cubers.
I know, most of the really fast speedcubers have probably looked into my F2L stuff. I'm just being bitter because decent cubers on these forums keep praising old tricks as new insights when I already put some effort into making a good documentation.

Enter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Great videos!!!
@Anthony why do you adapt to white cross solvers? Just do blue cross and green LL :D
ok i have also done some white cross but still i hate it :d