• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Rami Sbahi - 0.58 2x2 Single and 1.55 Average

AustinReed

WCA
2011REED01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, what if I was the scrambler for Feliks' WR and intentionally scrambled it wrong?
If he gets a WR it should be DNF'd because of it being scrambled wrong, right?
Seems like an easy way to sabotage people if we go with your "follow the regs". You can't prove that I intetionally scrambled it wrong.

This is why I think there should be a place on the scorecard for the scrambler to acknowledge that the scramble is, indeed, correct. That way if something came up and the scramble was found to be incorrect, the scrambler would immediately be held liable for the entire thing.

I do think Craig raises some good points about this whole WR thing. I'm not sure how many people have really thought about those questions.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice one Rami :)

WCA members and delegates have obviously discussed this to some length and I agree with this, mostly. However, I do feel uncomfortable knowing that a world record exists where potentially an exception was made for a fast solver and where it is known for sure that the competitor got a look of the cube before arriving at the station. There's no telling whether not having that quick glimpse beforehand would have lead to the same outcome.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Kudos to Rami for the honesty and congratulations on the double WRs. I'm not sure I could have been that honest. With widespread cube stealing coming into the light, its glad to see someone (relatively famous) trustworthy.

D

Deleted member 19792

Congratulations, Rami!

I hope that something small happens to the kid that caused this.

I think there should be some regulation changes on cheating prevention and scrambling groups.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubiks560

Nub
WCA
2009OLSO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is why I think there should be a place on the scorecard for the scrambler to acknowledge that the scramble is, indeed, correct. That way if something came up and the scramble was found to be incorrect, the scrambler would immediately be held liable for the entire thing.

I do think Craig raises some good points about this whole WR thing. I'm not sure how many people have really thought about those questions.

And what are you going to do? Ban them for scrambling wrong?