• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Race to Full ZB/ZBLL

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
OH GOD, when i saw this thread bumped I thought someone beat me to it. O_O

Haha, yessss, within the week I'll win (or if I really push it tomorrow)~
Only 24 algorithms left!

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Has anybody ever memorized all the algs? If so, is it only an elite few (like 5 people ever)? And are they fast, and do they have good recognition?

If you want, I can memorize them all tomorrow. d:
I only have a 90 minute long class tommorow, and the rest of the day is mine.

I'm not fast, and my recognition sucks because im using a bad system, but im switching once I know all algorithms fluently.

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Has anybody ever memorized all the algs? If so, is it only an elite few (like 5 people ever)? And are they fast, and do they have good recognition?

If you want, I can memorize them all tomorrow. d:
I only have a 90 minute long class tommorow, and the rest of the day is mine.

I'm not fast, and my recognition sucks because im using a bad system, but im switching once I know all algorithms fluently.

The only limits which exist, are the limits we create.
ZBLL/Cubing Journal -ZBLL:37/41-l

Aren't their like 4XY algorithms? I'm pretty sure theirs more than 41. Or at least in this race...

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last time I counted, it was like, 50-ish since I'm still wasting turns on VHF2L.

Even though the optimal ZBLL is 12-13 turns on average, a bunch of my algs aren't optimal, since I chose ones which felt fast. );

OLLiver

WCA
2015JENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
MY ZBLL Progress
I have taken a few days off to learn VHLS (20 algs in one day as VHLS is so easy lol)
Then we can start the Entire T set! aiming for 2 weeks

5th of june 2015.
Started T-set, 3/72

20 of june 2015,
Argghh Had to relearn 20 algs but making progress now.

23 of june 2015
36/72 T set

21st august 2015.
96 ZBLLS. T set done onto U

2/07/2015
48/72, of T set:( not enough time

Last edited:

GCubegrrr

The easiest and most efficient way to learn a set of algs especially a set as extensive as the ones found in ZB is to devise a story scenario and attach the algs to parts of the story. This method of memorization is called Loci and it is how I remember my algs. There is no limit to how many algs you can memorize with Loci. Here is a link to help you get started... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdfUaydquXs

Last edited:

Berkmann18

WCA
2014BERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The easiest and most efficient way to learn a set of algs especially a set as extensive as the ones found in ZB is to devise a story scenario and attach the algs to parts of the story. This method of memorization is called Loci and it is how I remember my algs. There is no limit to how many algs you can memorize with Loci. Here is a link to help you get started... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdfUaydquXs

There's a limit but that only applies to people who didn't travelled enough or didn't explored far enough from their house.