• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

QJ Pillowed 3x3 vs Mini Maru

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
Megaminx QJ vs QJ Pillowed 3x3 vs Mini Maru or etc

Which one is better quality?

i dont care about size btw

Last edited:

masteranders1

WCA
2011BOGA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't really heard about the QJ Pillowed 3x3. I'd say to get the Mini Maru because you know you're getting a good cube, instead of a newer cube that would have varied opinions. It would probably be more available as well. The 'stickers' on the Maru aren't paint, they are stickers. You may be confused with the Diansheng or Mini Diansheng.

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't really heard about the QJ Pillowed 3x3. I'd say to get the Mini Maru because you know you're getting a good cube, instead of a newer cube that would have varied opinions. It would probably be more available as well. The 'stickers' on the Maru aren't paint, they are stickers. You may be confused with the Diansheng or Mini Diansheng.

yah the qj is kinda a unknown cubes, but does the mini maru cut corners? cuz the QJ doesnt even cut

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pillowed QJ is way better, mini maru its just too small, and you can lose it very easily, just like I did; that little qj comes at a nice, still not that speedsolvable size..
and no, it has stickers, sort of crappy stickers.

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
Pillowed QJ is way better, mini maru its just too small, and you can lose it very easily, just like I did; that little qj comes at a nice, still not that speedsolvable size..
and no, it has stickers, sort of crappy stickers.

icubemart said the stickers are nice in his review tho but idk he says everycube is good in all his vids lol
well if its speedsolvable size what can fit my hand that is a bit bigger on dx site?
cant find anything good beside maybe megaminx qj? any recommendation?

daniel0731ex

The Rubik's brand or even any other mini cubes are uncomparable to the quality of Maru mini. It's hard to describe, but its turning quality is speedcubing-standards despite its size, and, if adjusted right, never pops with 1-square corner-cutting capability.

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
icubemart said the stickers are nice in his review tho but idk he says everycube is good in all his vids lol
well if its speedsolvable size what can fit my hand that is a bit bigger on dx site?
cant find anything good beside maybe megaminx qj? any recommendation?
idk, if you are going for a small 3x3 you should decide between pillowed QJ, or alpha micro, both are nice small cubes.
but if youre going for any cube, try getting an official event cube, like sq-1 or megaminx.

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
idk, if you are going for a small 3x3 you should decide between pillowed QJ, or alpha micro, both are nice small cubes.
but if youre going for any cube, try getting an official event cube, like sq-1 or megaminx.

problem is www.dealextreme.com doesnt label the cubes with the brand names
also their shipping is sometimes not too good, so i don't wont to spend too much money on them, maybe 10$ max?
just search iq on the site and ull see most cubes

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
The Rubik's brand or even any other mini cubes are uncomparable to the quality of Maru mini. It's hard to describe, but its turning quality is speedcubing-standards despite its size, and, if adjusted right, never pops with 1-square corner-cutting capability.

does the recycle plastic u were talking about affect the mini marus too? yah ill probably get the maru since the qj can barely corner cut

daniel0731ex

does the recycle plastic u were talking about affect the mini marus too? yah ill probably get the maru since the qj can barely corner cut

did you not ever read any of my post? I said that NOBODY uses impure plastic nowadays.

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel

i read that u said the maru mini uses nylon core for black/white ? is that true? what about the other colors?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Buy, Sell, Trade 1
BeltedYapper Hardware Area 10
bigbee99 Hardware Area 14
K Buy, Sell, Trade 2
Z Hardware Area 10