• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Qiyi Square-1

What do you think of this puzzle

• Total voters

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I dont have a sq-1 but if I were to buy a square-1 for the first time would you reccomend this?BTW do you have the shengshou sq-1?

Yes I would definitely recommend for anyone interested in sq1. It's not just better for speedcubing, it's just more pleasant to solve overall. I don't have a Shengshou, but I have a Cubetwist, and they have the same mechanism.

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What happened to the account?

From Youtube:

This account was found in Violation of TOU #4 Section H:
http://www.youtube.com/t/terms

"You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the YouTube servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, YouTube grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. YouTube reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content."

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure I didn't do any of that. I've appealed several times, but they won't put it back.

EDIT: I've started a new channel. I'll be more careful to not do whatever I did, if I can avoid it.

Last edited:

kalyk

WCA
2012ANDR06
I was averaging 20 seconds back in 2013. I bought like 10 cubetwist square-1 and square-2 since they were IMO the best out there (compared to th MF8 V1 and V2 and the really crappy Calvin's SQ1) and I wouldn't know if they would keep produce them.

Now, late 2015, I'm tempting to go back to SQ1. I've just ordered 2 QiYi (1 stickerless 1 black) from FastTech (USD 8, free shipping). I hope the cube is as good as everybody says! I love my CubeTwist, but the lack of cornercutting, and the poping issues are annoying!

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Posting here because I don't know where else to post it, one side of my square 1 is almost too fast, and the other side is slow. I've done the Low mod and it still does this. Any tips?

DJ4Y

WCA
2015DHIR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Posting here because I don't know where else to post it, one side of my square 1 is almost too fast, and the other side is slow. I've done the Low mod and it still does this. Any tips?
I'm having the same issue, my top layer is significantly slower than the bottom however I haven't done anything to it since getting it out of the box

AlexMunoz

I ordered it on Friday from thecubicle.us. Hope it comes soon, cause I'm competing sq1 at Slow and Steady and i have to learn it.

WCA
2017LOPE34
Oddly enough if I do the alg to flip the middle layer, the layers will feel even.
This may be late as the volt has come out now but you know the core you glue the center pieces to? Like the two sphere halves? Just flip them and it should feel even. I'm too lazy to do it again but it works.

T1_M0

WCA
2017NORR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The edges pop up all the time. No, they don't pop but come a little up from their places which can annoyingly interrupt my algs. Also some inconsistency with the speed of the layers. Sometimes the algs flow nicely, sometimes they don't.

Otherwise it's great, but my only comparison point is yj guanlong, which must be like the worst one out there (pops, more pops, pops every solve).

WCA
2017LOPE34
The edges pop up all the time. No, they don't pop but come a little up from their places which can annoyingly interrupt my algs. Also some inconsistency with the speed of the layers. Sometimes the algs flow nicely, sometimes they don't.
Just do the low mod. Brandon Lin made a good tutorial