• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pyraminx first time solve

Dane man

What was your time (estimate if you don't know) when you first solved the pyraminx?

I handled one for the first time yesterday and got about 2 minutes (had no idea how to solve one at first, didn't even know what it was called). It seems to me the only part that requires any thought is the edges. Considering there are only 6, it seems pretty easy. So what was your first time solve?

O

Owen

I didn't try and make a method. I just fooled around with it for 2 class periods (one and a half hours), and got it.

Gold_A

YouTube
Visit Channel
The first time I think took around 4 minutes. Of all my puzzles, that was by far the the fastest puzzle i solved with my own method from scratch, (compared to like solving the cube which took about a month, and the square 1 which i managed to solve after one school day) but the second solve was sub-1minute after i realized what i was going for.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Uhhh it took me a good while (30 minutes?) to get it the first time intuitively, but I got sub 10 the first night once I learned 2edgeflip.

oprah62

WCA
2010PEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got my pyraminx in the mail the day before my first competetion, which i had signed up for in pyra. I was too lazy to try that night so I learned at the Comp and got a 30.xx Average and a 23.xx single. Then the day before my second competetion I did an average of 25 and learned the 3 algs for the lbl method Last layer(I was only using sune and antisune before) and improved. In the comp I got a 9 single and a 18.xx average.

BlakeJ

I solved mine around 25 seconds the first time. I've gotten it down to 10.71 in about 3 days. Any tips?