• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Purchasing a variety of 3x3x3

TheWaker43

I just picked up a Rubik's brand 2x2 and 3x3 on a whim while doing some other shopping. I spent the afternoon watching videos and memorizing algorithms. I knew people could solve it really fast but had no idea about the speed solving world. I quickly realized I need a new cube. My Rubik's would bind and twist pretty often. So I plan to order a few standard 3x3 to try out. I would like to get a variety so I can get a feel of what I like. So far an AoLong II, WeiLong GTS and GuanLong are in my cart. Any others I should consider? Thanks.

Eduard Khil

In Terms of Speed:
Fast: Weilong GTS, Yuexiao, Thunderclap, Jieyun, Guangying, Shuangren, Aolong GT,
Moderately Fast: Weilong (slightly on the faster side), Hualong, Meiying, Gans 357, Gans 356, Sulong, Chilong,
Controllable: Yuxin 3x3, Aolong, Zhanchi, Guhong, Tanglong, Yueying, Huanying, Liying, Dianma,
In Terms of Feel:
Bubbly/Bumpy: Aolong, Weilong, Tanglong, Yuxin, Gans 357, Thunderclap,
Clicky/Crunchy: Aolong GT, Hualong, Zhanchi, Guhong, Jieyun, Chilong,
Blocky/Squared: Tanglong, Yueying, Huanying, Liying, Guangying, Sulong,
Smooth/Rounded: Weilong GTS, Gans 356,​

I'd say choose one out of each category if your budget is large enough. Its best to watch a few reviews on the cube so that you get different opinions about this.
Feel free to add/make changes to the list, its mostly based on personal preferences. Also the way you tension and lube it changes the feel/speed/performance of the cube drastically.

TheWaker43

In Terms of Speed:
Fast: Weilong GTS, Yuexiao, Thunderclap, Jieyun, Guangying, Shuangren, Aolong GT,
Moderately Fast: Weilong (slightly on the faster side), Hualong, Meiying, Gans 357, Gans 356, Sulong, Chilong,
Controllable: Yuxin 3x3, Aolong, Zhanchi, Guhong, Tanglong, Yueying, Huanying, Liying, Dianma,
In Terms of Feel:
Bubbly/Bumpy: Aolong, Weilong, Tanglong, Yuxin, Gans 357, Thunderclap,
Clicky/Crunchy: Aolong GT, Hualong, Zhanchi, Guhong, Jieyun, Chilong,
Blocky/Squared: Tanglong, Yueying, Huanying, Liying, Guangying, Sulong,
Smooth/Rounded: Weilong GTS, Gans 356,​

I'd say choose one out of each category if your budget is large enough. Its best to watch a few reviews on the cube so that you get different opinions about this.
Feel free to add/make changes to the list, its mostly based on personal preferences. Also the way you tension and lube it changes the feel/speed/performance of the cube drastically.

That is exactly the reply I was looking for. Thank you. That gives me a great idea of what is what.

Wow!. Thanks for for that!.

Last edited: