• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PS3 or XBOX360?

P

pappas

I'm going to buy either a PS3 or 360 and am wondering which one. Let me know why you chose either ps3 or 360.

josmil1

I have had both,But i like the the PS3 better just because some of its exclusives are on it that aren't on the 360. Also because of the realibility. A launch 60GB PS3 and its still working perfectly...over the past year and a half I have had 2 Xbox's 360 and both have malfunctioned. I don't like the extra cost's that come from the 360. It's up to you what you want. Most games are on both consoles. They are similar in graphics, but they edge out each other in several categories. Do your research.

Caedus

Premium Member
Don't get either! GET A WII!!!! *crickets chirping* lol :D
I don't really have much experience with the PS3, but I'd have to say 360, just because there's more selection for games.

DcF1337

It really depends on what sort of games you like. There's no point getting a DSi if you love PSP games.

Me, however, I'll just stick to PC gaming. :p

Karma Cat

I have both, and I really like the PS3 since it's functioning really well, even if there aren't alot of games for it...

The 360 was horribly bad in my opinion, it overheats really easy, and it tends to freeze when playing certain games. Plus it's very noisy while the PS3 is quite quiet.

LewisJ

@everyone screaming 360: What experience do you have with a PS3? Everyone here who is saying PS3 says they have both while nobody who says 360 is specifying...a bit more explanation of the basis of your opinions would be much more useful.
Pappas - online play on the PS3 is free

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mini comparison of the two current models

PS3:
Pros-
Great hardware, great visuals, great sound, free online, Blu-Ray, wifi out of the box, cheaper hard drive.
Cons-
Price, new console aesthetics (imo), naff controllers, extreme lack of exclusives, no backwards compatiability.

360:
Pros-
Massive game library, Xbox Live, controller quality, backwards compatiability, Very good visuals/sound, NXE, install game function, exclusivity.

Cons-
Noisy, Overheating, RRoD(on older machines, has been fixed), slightly worse visuals, standard def video.

Choose for yourself. I didn't have enough cash for a PS3 and all my mates had Xbox360s, so it was an obvious choice. I'm not going to go changing.

Vulosity

YouTube
Visit Channel
Playstation online gaming is free with PSN membership, basically you get the PS3 and play online with others for free.

On XBOX 360, you have to pay $15-20 for online gaming, for 3 MONTHS!

I recently researched this topic and I came to a conclusion of a PS3.

Here's a very helpful link:
http://kotaku.com/5346777/ps3-slim-vs-xbox-360-elite-tale-of-the-tape

Also, the 360 has a higher failure rate, and the red ringing is a problem. Basically, the 360 "turns" evil and whatever disk is inside it. Red ringing has cost Microsoft a lot of money.

PS3!

Last edited: