• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Proposal] Pyraminx Scramble filtering should be 6 turns.

What should the filtering limit be?

Votes: 5 7.5%

Votes: 41 61.2%
  • None of the above/No opinion

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
4b3c) Pyraminx and Skewb: The (random) state must require at least 7 moves to solve.

Above should be changed to:

4b3c) Pyraminx and Skewb: The (random) state must require at least 6 moves to solve.

Reason: Current world record was with a 6 move solution.

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that either 6 move scrambles should be allowed, or the 6 move WR should be disqualified. It's not fair to have an official WR that doesn't follow the current regulations.

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
I think that either 6 move scrambles should be allowed, or the 6 move WR should be disqualified. It's not fair to have an official WR that doesn't follow the current regulations.

Well this wouldn't be fair either... The current wr was done under fair conditions following all the regulations (that were official back then) of the wca. You can't just go and take peoples records away from them. THAT is unfair if anything.

Also scramble filtering should be 6 moves (or less) because it's not fair that wr is easier scramble than anyone can ever get again either...

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel

A lot of regulations has changed over time, so if that is really your opinion I get that you also want to disqualify all blindsolves pre-2008 due to lack of paper being held between the competitor and the cube; You also want to disqualify stickerless cubes that were used in blindsolving while that was OK; You also want to disqualify all attempts where the cube was covered by a paper (hiding the puzzle) instead of something bigger (that covers the puzzle from all angles). That was just a few examples, I think it's reasonable to allow results that were good at the time being unless the changes are drastical (like multi blind)

vd

WCA
2012DVOA01
According to numbers on wikipedia, about 1 in 15 random positions is solvable in 6 or less moves. To me, it seems complete non-sense to go for 7 moves limit. I kinda feel that even 6 moves is quite a lot, still disabling more then 1 in 100 positions... Just my opinion though.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
According to numbers on wikipedia, about 1 in 15 random positions is solvable in 6 or less moves. To me, it seems complete non-sense to go for 7 moves limit. I kinda feel that even 6 moves is quite a lot, still disabling more then 1 in 100 positions... Just my opinion though.
We're throwing away 1 in 15 random positions?! Change the filter limit for sure.

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01

We're throwing away 1 in 15 random positions?! Change the filter limit for sure.

To clarify, the wikipedia numbers disregard tips, but the WCA limits do not.

But seriously, it's dumb for the limit to be set at a higher number than the current WR: For 2x2, the current WR is the entire reason why the number 4 is the limit. :rolleyes:

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which begs the question as to why it's currently at 7.

Long story (almost) short: Someone said that this should also apply for Pyraminx, Someone then pointed out Yohei Oka had a 7 move solution on his 1.93 World Record, someone else thought that was the standing WR, then they released the 2014 regs, people pointed out the WR was 1.36 with a 6 move solution, a few people apologised and a fifth guy locked the matter and said with a 1 in ~350 chance of happening it's not important enough for a fast regulation update, hence it could wait till 2015 reg changes or something.

E: Kirjava, thanks, I was looking for that discussion!

http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/s...ing-(new-poll)&p=938516&viewfull=1#post938516

You proved it to be 1 in ~342

Last edited: