• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Predictions For Hardware and New Cubes in 2022

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's what I think will be released:
QiYi:
More rebranded non-wca puzzles
Xman 5x5 and spark v2
Xman Pyraminx with maglev
Volt v3
GAN:
GAN 13 for a new record of 90 USD
GAN Square 1 with adjustable magnets
GAN 5x5 and 4x4 v2 with the 5x5 being good but the 4x4 being mediocre
MoYu:
WR M 2022 with stock corner core magnets
New 4x4 and 5x5
WR M Skewb
YJ:
MGC 6x6 v2
MGC 4x4 v2
MGC Pyraminx and Megaminx v2
New YJ budget cubes that are not yulongs
Diansheng:
23x23 and magnetic 8x8, 9x9, and 10x10

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
Ahem:
Some crazy person with way to much time makes a 44x44
Some other crazy person makes a 15x15 megaminx.

Gan releases Gan13 M Pro Maglev Limited Edition Silver Peacock 3x3

Seriously:

RS3M 22 (Maglev maybe).
Almost all new flagship cubes have maglev.
Big cubes drop in price drastically with the 17x17 going down to $380
Gan prices get more and more expensive as the year goes on.
A Stickerless gigaminx is released by Shengshou.

All brands are using Maglev.
There will be a new invention to make all cubes even better somehow, maybe something different to allign all the cube layers better than maglev.

EDIT: Why sad @TheCubingCuber347?

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Diansheng:
23x23 and magnetic 8x8, 9x9, and 10x10
magnetic 8x8 and 9x9 already released

I think XMD may release a new 3x3 and maybe lean in to center core like Cuber Home did. I would like to see a new 2x2 besides Flare from Xman since the valk2 is discontinued but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm looking forward to new GAN squan and 4x4 and 5x5. I'm betting the squan will make a big splash. Not sure about big cubes but I think they learned their lesson from the 4x4 reception.

I expect Moyu and YJ cube refreshes such as another WRM, MGC refreshes, maybe new Dayan cubes too with a guhong v5 with reinforced centers and maglev. I'd be surprised if any other company makes non WCA puzzles but I'm hopeful qiyi or YJ will.

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
correction: not available yet but expect them soon since DP made a video
In the video he says 1 - 3 months as his best guess. So hopefully that holds true, but who knows with them. One of their recent posts was an apology for delays.

We also have the recently announced diansheng 4x4 solar m coming out at some point that looks pretty good.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In the video he says 1 - 3 months as his best guess. So hopefully that holds true, but who knows with them. One of their recent posts was an apology for delays.

We also have the recently announced diansheng 4x4 solar m coming out at some point that looks pretty good.
Well, TheSimonShi has already magnetized a 17x17 and given it away. It is only a matter of time before ShengShou releases a whooping $999.99 17x17 that is fully magnetized

Cuber2s

WCA
2021DACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I doubt it, this guy's 9x9 PB is only 10 seconds slower than Max, and he has years of experience solving 10x10+. Plus with comps back there is no logical reason for max to practice anything but WCA events.
true, but every wca event has a magnetic ,mass produced cube, so if a magnetic 17x17 comes out, it will be WCA.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
true, but every wca event has a magnetic ,mass produced cube, so if a magnetic 17x17 comes out, it will be WCA.
No it isn't XD. That isn't how it works. The committee has to decide to add a new event. Also, if you remember, WCA were not magnetized for a very long time.
I don't believe there will ever be a factory magnetic 17x17 or anything like it. There just isn't enough demand for it. Also there is no way 17x17 would ever become a wca event.

Cuber2s

WCA
2021DACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No it isn't XD. That isn't how it works. The committee has to decide to add a new event. Also, if you remember, WCA were not magnetized for a very long time.
I don't believe there will ever be a factory magnetic 17x17 or anything like it. There just isn't enough demand for it. Also there is no way 17x17 would ever become a wca event.
I was joking lol