• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

*Post your 3x3x3 BLD solve*

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the most difficult puzzle ever solved blindfolded?

I'd imagine something like the Golden Cube or Mirror blocks. Anything without colours or raised edges to memorise.

Umm, you don't even have to memorize a Mirror Blocks cube to solve it blindfolded.

I agree with Mats, the hardest individual puzzle I know of solve blindfolded has to be 7x7 or Megaminx, but Mike can tell us which is harder.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

I'd imagine something like the Golden Cube or Mirror blocks. Anything without colours or raised edges to memorise.

Huh? You can solve these without a memorization phase! People were solving mirror blocks blindfolded as soon as they came out.

Mats, I thought megaminx was significantly more unpleasant than 7x7x7, but 7x7x7 is probably a little harder. But overall, we have to consider that different puzzles are simply different. I'm really looking forward to learning my approach to square-1. I think I've demonstrated it will work, and it should be fairly fast, but it will probably be the toughest BLD method I will have ever learned, by far.

cookingfat

WCA
2009HARP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Huh? You can solve these without a memorization phase! People were solving mirror blocks blindfolded as soon as they came out.

Since this is a spontaneous 'post your blind solve' thread, I just tried BLD mirror blocks with no inspection and got 7:01.45. I've done better, but it's fun to do.

curious

sorry about going into this thread,
using pochman edges, what is a simple and effective way to memorise the edges?

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01

Mats, I thought megaminx was significantly more unpleasant than 7x7x7, but 7x7x7 is probably a little harder. But overall, we have to consider that different puzzles are simply different. I'm really looking forward to learning my approach to square-1. I think I've demonstrated it will work, and it should be fairly fast, but it will probably be the toughest BLD method I will have ever learned, by far.
I agree about the first part, but for the second part, I think Pyra would be very easy as most human made solutions only contain 8-14 moves, or maybe under 8 if you really planned on a relatively good scramble.