• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Polish Open 2007

studzien

WCA
2005STUD01
Hello everybody!
Please check out the live results and live video streaming from the Polish Open 2007,
which will take place tomorrow from 9:00 AM CEST.

Live scoring and video streaming are available under following link:
http://polishopen2007.speedcubing.com.pl/

More informations about the competition and Polish Speedcubing Federation at:
http://speedcubing.com.pl

Best regards,
Polish Open organisation team

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
No even worse my mom couldn't make it either... but Worlds I will be there with or without permission.

Ron sended an invitation to the worlds to my school and my mom is going to talk with my school. :)

H

hdskull

No even worse my mom couldn't make it either... but Worlds I will be there with or without permission.

Ron sended an invitation to the worlds to my school and my mom is going to talk with my school. :)

awesome, hhaha

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results

Why does your school have rights of what you can do outside of school? It is really none of my business, I just find that really odd.

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
Well the main problem is, is that I had to skip friday because Arnaud had to leave The Netherlands early.

anyway, I like the results allready from the Polish Open.

13 seconds square-1!?

KJiptner

WCA
2007JIPT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys Tim (cin) and me just came back. We've had a great time there, except for the fact that I screwed up my 2 blind attempts.

On his second attempt in the blind-finals Matyi got a 2:05 (or something) ...
One-Handed

H

hdskull

Hey guys Tim (cin) and me just came back. We've had a great time there, except for the fact that I screwed up my 2 blind attempts.

One-Handed

oh so he was trying to show off and doing it OH ? i was wondering why that solve was so slow. hahaha

does anyone have a video of that ?

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

One-Handed

oh so he was trying to show off and doing it OH ? i was wondering why that solve was so slow. hahaha

It's quite amusing that we think 2:05 is slow, when that would put you 10th in the world for 3x3 BLD single!

I tried BLD OH once, but I dropped the cube when I had permuted abotu 3 edges :( I havn't tried it since!

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As a suprise, this evening suddenly Gilles called me. He said they (Arnaud Clement Lars and him) were 20 min from Enschede (where I live) on their way back to poland. So they made a pitstop here to get some nice macaroni after a long car trip. Arnaud told me he had solves the first FMC in 20 moves but with only 2 corners twisted!!! Further they won about 17 kg of chocolate.
I'll leave Arnaud and the others to tell the rest since I don't know it all and it was their tournament of course :)

H

hdskull

It's quite amusing that we think 2:05 is slow, when that would put you 10th in the world for 3x3 BLD single!

I tried BLD OH once, but I dropped the cube when I had permuted abotu 3 edges :( I havn't tried it since!

well, it's matyas, 2:05 for matyas is different than 2:05 for the rest of us hahaha.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't have the time to post anything more than my Fewest Moves solutions.

For the first scramble (qualification on saturday) I found a 13 move F2L. I used a few more moves to get a better last layer and got a 37 moves solution.

For the second scramble (final on sunday) I found an incredible solution of 20 moves that solved everything except 2 misoriented corners. With some cancellations I got a 33 moves solution, just 2 more than the World Record Holder. It also got me a National Record and 6th place at the rankings.

Scramble1: D2 U' R D' U2 L' D' R2 B F2 R2 B' F L' D' B2 F2 D' U B2 F' D2 B2 D2 L2
F2L in 13 (Arnaud): x y R2 F D F L2 B U2 R2 U F D2 F' U'
F2L in 13 (FURBDL): U2 R B R D2 L F2 U2 F R B2 R' F'
37 (Arnaud): x y R2 F D F L2 B U2 R2, x2 y D U' R U R' U2 R' F R F' D', y' R' F' L' F R F' L F, y2 F2 U' L R' F2 R L' U' F2 U'
37 (FURBDL: U2 R B R D2 L F2 U2, F B' R B R' B2 R' U R U' F', U' L' D' L U L' D L, R2 B' U D' R2 D U' B' R2 B'

Scramble2: D' F' D2 L B U2 L2 F' R U2 L2 D B F' D2 R2 D2 R D L2 U' L2 R2 B F'
Almost solved in 20: R' U F' D2 U2 L2 U' L B' L' D' B D2 B2 D2 B R D' R' D'
33: R' U F' D2 U2 L2 U', L B' L', D' B D2, B2 D2 B R D', U R' U' R U R', D R U' R' U R U' R' D2